• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For GMTO all pairs have to be the same width.

Forest E , EE , EEE
Detroit E,EE,EE
Rain D , EE, EEE

D- Very narrow
E- Narrow
EE- Normal /wide
EEE- Very wide

Thanks Patrik.

All right, any extra-wide-hooved gents want to go in on a Carmina GMTO? I'm pretty open on styles. Pretty much anything that's not a bal...

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For GMTO all pairs have to be the same width.

Forest E , EE , EEE
Detroit E,EE,EE
Rain D , EE, EEE

D- Very narrow
E- Narrow
EE- Normal /wide
EEE- Very wide
For all specific fitting advise please email us. [email protected]
We aim at stocking at least three styles every season, due to storage limitations we can't carry too many women's styles.

will there be options for MTO for the women's as well?

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any plans to carry St.C @leaves? That would be epic or perhaps lobb then we could have a one stop shop.

You'll better ask for Vass I believe. St. Crispin is much more expensive than those model Skoaktiebolaget currently carry, and their QC is declining rapidly in my opinion.

I was aware pf the price of St.C but quality declining is a new topic for me, in what ways?

I agree in that if either Vass or St. C was carried, I think it would be a one stop shop for all men who care about shoes and have all of the brands for anyone to step up in any way that they choose.

I haven't heard about the quality in St. C declining either. I know price is going up but that is all that I have seen.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vass is the more logical choice, as long as Skoak doesn't stock any "Valways."

But Vass has some interesting models and leathers. Their aesthetic is a good addition to Skoak's offerings.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vass is the more logical choice, as long as Skoak doesn't stock any "Valways."

But Vass has some interesting models and leathers. Their aesthetic is a good addition to Skoak's offerings.

I think either would work as long as they make sure to offer MTO for either brand. Both brands offer just about any option that you can imagine anyway, including a wide variety of sizing options and possible modifications are available if needed.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been hoping to get pairs from both Vass and St. C, but it can be tough just by email with them directly when they don't know how you wear other brands either. Buying through Skoak would make it great!

MoosicPa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I agree in that if either Vass or St. C was carried, I think it would be a one stop shop for all men who care about shoes and have all of the brands for anyone to step up in any way that they choose.

I haven't heard about the quality in St. C declining either. I know price is going up but that is all that I have seen.  

I have a number of St. C's in my wardrobe, and just took delivery of these Russian leather loafers this past week, and have never had a QC issue with any of their shoes.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a number of St. C's in my wardrobe, and just took delivery of these Russian leather loafers this past week, and have never had a QC issue with any of their shoes.

Very nice. How do you keep getting Russian reindeer? I thought they were all gone.

Last edited:

MoosicPa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Very nice. How do you keep getting Russian reindeer? I thought they were all gone.

I took up diving on the weekends..... :satisfied:

The St. C's Russian leather is not the recovered leather from the Metta Katrina ship wreck, but rather a hatch grained leather. The only one selling the recovered leather is George Cleverly, as they bought up the remaining hides that were recovered from the wreck.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I took up diving on the weekends..... :satisfied:

The St. C's Russian leather is not the recovered leather from the Metta Katrina ship wreck, but rather a hatch grained leather. The only one selling the recovered leather is George Cleverly, as they bought up the remaining hides that were recovered from the wreck.

Ahh okay got it. Get confused since you have the largest legitimate russian reindeer collection by far. Didn't know you inflated your numbers :D. I'm assuming the imitation stuff pales in comparison to the real mccoy, even in EG and StC. Really makes me wonder about GG's russian reindeer since it's apparently different from hatchgrain.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I have been hoping to get pairs from both Vass and St. C, but it can be tough just by email with them directly when they don't know how you wear other brands either. Buying through Skoak would make it great!

Vass has a nonfunctional retailer system at the moment in my opinion, unless they fix it we won't consider stocking them. I like StC and I'm definitely not closing any doors here. Had a nice chat with Philip in Florence the other week. You never know.

andrel42

Reaction score
Vass has a nonfunctional retailer system at the moment in my opinion, unless they fix it we won't consider stocking them. I like StC and I'm definitely not closing any doors here. Had a nice chat with Philip in Florence the other week. You never know.

I can only agree with Leaves ... I have had a Vass derby on order since August 2014 ... seriously?

MoosicPa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ahh okay got it. Get confused since you have the largest legitimate russian reindeer collection by far. Didn't know you inflated your numbers :D. I'm assuming the imitation stuff pales in comparison to the real mccoy, even in EG and StC. Really makes me wonder about GG's russian reindeer since it's apparently different from hatchgrain.

GG's Russian leather is also faux. I'm not sure what process they use to get the look, but it's not the recovered 1786 leather. To my knowledge, C&J and New & Lingwood offered limited edition runs of the stuff about 10+ years ago. There were also numerous other leather good's companies offering everything from key fobs and book marks to cases make from the recovered leather. About 2 years ago the salvager who had the license to bring up the sunken hides retired, and no one has yet succeeded him. Cleverley arranged to buy up the remaining recovered sock, and has now cornered the market on it. I am not sure how much they have left, but they haven't indicated that they are running low on the stuff.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads