• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Lof_Tung_Trunk_Show_2018_12.jpg

This is a limited offer where we void the MTO fee. We are presenting this offer due to COVID-19 and the fact that we are not offering a physical Trunk Show this fall.

The first 10 slots went record fast to we are extending another 20 slots.

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Leaves do you still offer the Vibram rubber topy sole as an option for L&T MTOs? I think it was only released on one L&T stock pair but I know it was an MTO option for awhile.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Leaves do you still offer the Vibram rubber topy sole as an option for L&T MTOs? I think it was only released on one L&T stock pair but I know it was an MTO option for awhile.

Yes, it is a MTO option.

dangerous

Reaction score
Is there any grey leather, outside of suede, that L&T stocks?

Thinking of a smooth grey + grey suede shaft Kingsley, but unsure of versatility and availability.

You guys got any experience of grey leather shoes/boots? I have seen a lot of grey shafts, but not vamps.

This old MTO is really sick, but it's made in suede.

Enzo-Bonafe-Bespoke-3873-Hidro-Schiefer-01.jpg

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is there any grey leather, outside of suede, that L&T stocks?

Thinking of a smooth grey + grey suede shaft Kingsley, but unsure of versatility and availability.

You guys got any experience of grey leather shoes/boots? I have seen a lot of grey shafts, but not vamps.

This old MTO is really sick, but it's made in suede.

View attachment 1473968

I have not gotten around to posting it but we do have a “crust” variant that will look like this. It’s built up from neutral beige by hand, to this effect.

5F8AA880-EFDD-465F-B210-058942A711E3.jpeg

jayvee

Reaction score
If you just want the look of buttons, you can do a non-functional button with side zipper, such as below model from Mehra, I am sure Skoaktiebolaget can do the same.

wow didnt know that was possible. I wonder if they would do that style with the zipper but no buttons, so just stitch the flap up. I think that could be quite cool.

dangerous

Reaction score
I have not gotten around to posting it but we do have a “crust” variant that will look like this. It’s built up from neutral beige by hand, to this effect.

Do you stock kudu?

Do you think that leather would do well with a grey suede on a Kingsley?

wow didnt know that was possible. I wonder if they would do that style with the zipper but no buttons, so just stitch the flap up. I think that could be quite cool.

I can't really get behind the idea of going zipper on a button boot. Why not just a side zip?

jayvee

Reaction score
I can't really get behind the idea of going zipper on a button boot. Why not just a side zip?

Well in effect it would be just a side-zip boot. But the styling would be less cowboy-ish.

sdfzs

Reaction score
Remember that the button boot style originates from the era before zippers. The practical aspects of it might be questioned and it definitely takes some time to get the speed up to button them but I find that once you get to the level of either using a hook/tool for that or just get your fingers used it’s as fast as lacing a balmoral book with speed hooks. Personally a button boot with a shaft in a soft peccary or suede combined with an upper in the same tone is a very subtle way of standing out for those who knows but not be noticed by anyone else. It’s all about having fun right!

If you rarely uses button boot and also combines them with situations where you need to take them on/off I strong advice against. In that scenario you are missing out on the elegance but I would say that any boot that cant be lazed with speed is equally bad in that regards

te00539

Reaction score
So the MTO price for a boot right now would be the base price of $415 USD ex VAT? Is a Jodphur considered a short boot?

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Leaves Any plans for a restock of these?

(Or something else shearling lined with commando soles)

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Due to circumstances beyond our control, we are clearing our Foster & Son stock. Foster & Son is most likely the best made RTW shoe in Northampton and it's a great opportunity to get your hands on these beauties.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads