• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My personal opinion is that I'd rather have sizing advice answered on the thread. Emailing just adds an extra step (albeit a small one).

sdfzs

Reaction score
Well, many sizing advice's is not just a simple question and a straightforward answer right? Some advice will be based on earlier purchases assuming the customer is known. I imagine that the guys have a fair understanding of who is who on this forum at least those having done a few earlier purchases. I'm very sure that someone reaching out per e-mail will be known if a returning customer. Some sizing interactions will anyway require a bit of back and forth and discussion for the best advice. Some might require a check on how an earlier purchase worked out. None of these types of interactions in my view suitable on a thread open to public.

Obviously there could be a bit more of the general "size up by half", "this last fits snug" views shared but i think anything specific to an individual is more suitable to be done in other media than a forum.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I welcome to sizing advice in the thread, but do agree that sizing is pretty subjective.

I appreciate getting the opinions of people and how they size. Even with the Skoaktie employees' sizing it seems to vary by person and am surprised about how they size in different brands I am more familiar with.

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it is completely understandable that a store wants certain questions/request by e-mail. We are Lucky to be able to talk directly with the man in charge, but i think everyone would grow tired if logging in on SF meant checking all notifications and reply to an endless amount of questions. By e-mail it is also easier for a store to asign different requests to different employees and keep track of history.

In Other affiliate threads (KW and S&M) the managers have logged, more or less, off. And younger team members interact with the SF crowd. Be happy with the facts that Leaves still hangs around and accept the occasional e-mail.

forgetfool

Reaction score
From the recent Black Friday sale. Don’t judge. I am a sucker for value/discount. Looking forward to wearing them in 2020!

Attachments

• 44C5FD47-B49B-4D1A-81FB-E8BA655A1BAB.jpeg
    44C5FD47-B49B-4D1A-81FB-E8BA655A1BAB.jpeg
    285.3 KB · Views: 653

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
My personal opinion is that I'd rather have sizing advice answered on the thread. Emailing just adds an extra step (albeit a small one).

The quickest west to get sizing advise is usually to email [email protected] as it is monitored Weekdays from around 9 AM to 6 PM and Saturday around 10 AM to 4 PM.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I think it is completely understandable that a store wants certain questions/request by e-mail. We are Lucky to be able to talk directly with the man in charge, but i think everyone would grow tired if logging in on SF meant checking all notifications and reply to an endless amount of questions. By e-mail it is also easier for a store to asign different requests to different employees and keep track of history.

In Other affiliate threads (KW and S&M) the managers have logged, more or less, off. And younger team members interact with the SF crowd. Be happy with the facts that Leaves still hangs around and accept the occasional e-mail.

Currently I’m on parental leave until around April 1 (yeah I want my tax money back, that’s why ?). Under normal circumstances I try to log on 1-2 per day unless I’m travelling or what not.

Sizing is subjective as mentioned. And also changes over they years. I prefer my shoes less snug these days compared to 5-6 years ago, and although we do try to maintain similar advice, we don’t have a database like huge retail chain customer service desks. The advice is always personal and based on the reps experience from the store (everyone manning the sales email actually works in the shop) and yes we do look at historical orders, GDPR has not gone so far as to forbid this at least.

dangerous

Reaction score
@Leaves the boots posted on Instagram -are they from the trunk? Do you know what leather?

I hope you had a great Christmas and a happy new year!

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Leaves the boots posted on Instagram -are they from the trunk? Do you know what leather?

I hope you had a great Christmas and a happy new year!

God fortsättning! Please email the store and they will get the material name, I'm actually a bit unsure.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Some new arrivals for the new year.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi @Leaves -- your Danny sneaker is looking good! Just curious - is there potential to do a MTO or GMTO for one? Particularly in black or brown hatchgrain shell?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads