• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OdusBK

Reaction score
I’ve had my eyes set on the Gessi and I’m very glad I finally pulled the trigger. My biggest surprise was that the shoes came today, as I ordered them some time Monday afternoon (NY - Eastern time). I recently got back from work so the photos I took are not the greatest but I hope they are helpful :)

This is how the T last compares to other pairs of Carmina’s I have. The loafers are forest, the nst is soller and the cap toe is rain. Fit wise all 3 carmina lasts are great, I think the soller is the most comfortable out of the 3. I went with my carmina size on the LT ptb and I have no regrets, the shoes fit very well.

I also threw in a comparison to an Alden ptb (I dont really know which last) but its pretty clear that the LT last is a bit more refined.

Also I wanted to note that the minor creases were a result of me wearing the shoes for a few mins, the shoes actually came in flawless condition.

6B938F23-EB2C-40F7-B148-E8B5BA335C56.jpeg
EAE18DF9-FD04-480C-B9F0-420AFBF3277A.jpeg

I really look forward to wearing them, thank you skoak! This was my first purchase from you but certainly not the last ;)

Bmcgraw49

Reaction score
I’ve had my eyes set on the Gessi and I’m very glad I finally pulled the trigger. My biggest surprise was that the shoes came today, as I ordered them some time Monday afternoon (NY - Eastern time). I recently got back from work so the photos I took are not the greatest but I hope they are helpful :)

I really look forward to wearing them, thank you skoak! This was my first purchase from you but certainly not the last ;)

Those are wonderfully beautiful! The shape the last contours out towards in the sweep is elegant and strong looking. An extremely handsome shoe with a very dignified profile. The texture of the grain leather looks fantastic and adds a layer of sophistication and gentlemanly intrigue. I can’t tell exactly if it’s Havanna grain, or something darker like Oak grain with some light being reflected causing it to appear lighter.

These look like they would be equally at home on cobble, in emerald country, or under urban city skies. Thanks for the pictures! It helps to learn and see what’s out there for future choices. Especially nice profiles that give a good sense of scale like these.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is how the T last compares to other pairs of Carmina’s I have. The loafers are forest, the nst is soller and the cap toe is rain. Fit wise all 3 carmina lasts are great, I think the soller is the most comfortable out of the 3. I went with my carmina size on the LT ptb and I have no regrets, the shoes fit very well.

I also threw in a comparison to an Alden ptb (I dont really know which last) but its pretty clear that the LT last is a bit more refined.

Also I wanted to note that the minor creases were a result of me wearing the shoes for a few mins, the shoes actually came in flawless condition.

View attachment 1012790 View attachment 1012791

So would anybody be interested in Group MTO for Gessi in different leather or color? For example Cognac Country Calf or maybe Utah calf or some other leather if @Leaves can acquire it. That Bonafe latigo printed leather looks really good.

There is a alpine leather in black http://www.aacrack.co.uk/leather-type/embossed/small-pattern/alpine-black-12-14.html

Scotchgrain http://www.aacrack.co.uk/leather-type/embossed/small-pattern/angus-firml-acorn-047-12-14.html

AA Crack has beautiful pin grain leather in several colors, http://www.aacrack.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=grain
Or something from https://tarnsjogarveri.com/wip/en/leather

Last edited:

knappabn

Reaction score
I might be interested in a LT Gessi GMTO in pin grain, but I’d also like to see some regular leather loafers and some EB GMTOs as well.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Leaves

Any plans to do a Carlos Santos or LT black balmoral boot this year?

Thanks!

There will be some very nice L&T Balmoral boots incoming this fall, I finished the prototype early this summer.

@Leaves
Any Enzo Bonafe new collection anytime soon?

Third week of August or around that time.

@Leaves Any update on the L&T Gatoraides? I feel like it's been a long time, but then again maybe Sept. was the scheduled delivery?

September.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

View attachment 1012790 View attachment 1012791

Thanks for sharing your experiences! And for the kind words! I wholeheartedly appreciate all the feedback.

Those are wonderfully beautiful! The shape the last contours out towards in the sweep is elegant and strong looking. An extremely handsome shoe with a very dignified profile. The texture of the grain leather looks fantastic and adds a layer of sophistication and gentlemanly intrigue. I can’t tell exactly if it’s Havanna grain, or something darker like Oak grain with some light being reflected causing it to appear lighter.

These look like they would be equally at home on cobble, in emerald country, or under urban city skies. Thanks for the pictures! It helps to learn and see what’s out there for future choices. Especially nice profiles that give a good sense of scale like these.

I wish I had a way with words like this, the product descriptions on the website would be som much better. :) Thank you!

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Would anyone be interested in a GMTO boot like this? This is a prototype I made for @laufer on the T last. Basically it's a boot version of Gessi. Can also be ordered with fur lining.

I'm going to get a pair for myself and a friend so we only need 4 more. I'm down for either fur lined or plain.

DSC_8238.jpg

DSC_8243.jpg

DSC_8248.jpg

DSC_8252.jpg

Reaction score
Would anyone be interested in a GMTO boot like this? This is a prototype I made for @laufer on the T last. Basically it's a boot version of Gessi. Can also be ordered with fur lining.

I'm going to get a pair for myself and a friend so we only need 4 more. I'm down for either fur lined or plain.

This looks amazing! Estimate on price?

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
This looks amazing! Estimate on price?

Price will be 4500 SEK including VAT (3600 SEK ex VAT ~ $405). This is the kon shearling lined version. Shearling lining will be 300 SEK extra.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads