• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those chukkas really does look good, but on the other hand woaw that Enzo balmoral boot look like some sewn together abomination.

I think it look great, its almost like a partial exotic without having the ego of of something like crocodile (not judging don't take it out of context). The peccary will give you glove like comfort up top.

Look at the second photo with the front view; with trousers over top those are unstoppable for a black boot that isn't boring. Antique brass speed hooks are a perfect compliment.

cypi2

Reaction score
BTW although I haven't participated yet, these monthly GMTO's (you've been running for a while) are excellent, keep them coming. Looking forward to next month!

Yeah I love this monthly preorders that have been running. Of course I can't join in on every one but the options have been excellent and I have been looking forward to the monthly emails coming out announcing the options for each month.

Keep up the good work fellas!

I could not agree more with @CanadaCal and @Beav:
The monthly GMTOs give 'bigger-footed' people (UK 11 and above) more opportunities to purchase shoes at RTW prices which is great.

And, I wonder if I am the only person who'd welcome some handwelted Paolo Scafora GMTOs?...

For example, would there be any interest in the Paolo Scafora Pompei in Rubino calf?

That is, this austerity brogue:

Paolo-Scafora-Pompei.jpg

In this leather:

Paolo-Scafora-Rubino-Calf.jpg

Last edited:

MrUnderwood

Reaction score
^ On the other hand woaw you're a &@$&. Impulse control - a trying concept for these trying times.

Huh? So because i chose this moment to speak my mind and talk frankly you think i lack impulse control? Reality check, this is shoes not faces of real people i am judging. I repeat, it is shoes!

You call me a word you have to censor because i call the boot an abomination; and dare talking about impulse control, there is something about rocks and glass houses that comes to mind..

I think it look great, its almost like a partial exotic without having the ego of of something like crocodile (not judging don't take it out of context). The peccary will give you glove like comfort up top.

Look at the second photo with the front view; with trousers over top those are unstoppable for a black boot that isn't boring. Antique brass speed hooks are a perfect compliment.

I agree that it lacks some kind of home, that it ventures into exotic without going all the way and i reckon that is my problem with it. I am certain that it requires a high degree of technical skill to perform this boot, but design wise i cannot help but think that it is going in various directions and i think the end result is confusing.

Last edited:

Hermitize

Reaction score
FWIW, I have the EB black/peccary balmoral. I have to admit it was a bit of an impulse buy as I'm probably the LEAST adventuresome shoe person on SF. But I've really enjoyed them. I can understand how some would be turned off, but the peccary really is comfortable and makes for a different look. Barely noticeable with most pants, but just my thoughts.

Now, does anyone have experience with the last for those EB cordovan boots compared to their other lasts?? I've always had good success with EB until my last oxfords that cut the shizz out of my heels.

Wrenkin

Reaction score
Any folks with wide feet have any experience on the Carlos Santos 316 last? The GMTO balmoral boots with Dainite look great for Toronto. I saw someone on another forum claim it was ok for a US E. Skoak advised I could always size up but I'd like to avoid that if possible.

sdfzs

Reaction score
Any folks with wide feet have any experience on the Carlos Santos 316 last? The GMTO balmoral boots with Dainite look great for Toronto. I saw someone on another forum claim it was ok for a US E. Skoak advised I could always size up but I'd like to avoid that if possible.

I wear standards width CS 316 (don't know if there even is a wide width) find it as wide as AE 65 last in E width if this helps. CS size 9, AE size 10

knappabn

Reaction score
@Leaves is the price increase on the GMTO wholecut because it's seamless? It seems like a substantial upcharge, but it's a beautiful shoe. I'm trying to decide if it's worth the premium.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, a premium for seamless. If I recall, the price for seamless is about ~$300 more.

Whether it's worth it is a subjective question, but those are undeniably a sexy pair of shoes

knappabn

Reaction score
Yes, a premium for seamless. If I recall, the price for seamless is about ~$300 more.

Whether it's worth it is a subjective question, but those are undeniably a sexy pair of shoes

They're gorgeous. I'm just in the midst of justifying the price to myself.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads