• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Meyboom

Reaction score
Must not be an easy life being a shoe retailer these days. Most makers have their own webshop and offer a decent online service (not on the same level of SkoAB but still). This gives them an even stronger position in negotiations because they're not as dependent on retailers as before. This allows them to change the rules at their sole discretion. I can see why @Leaves set up his own brand with Lof&Tung but even then he's dependent on the factory making the shoes (and they do have their own quirky policies as well!). Luckily there's still makers like Enzo Bonafe who can't be bothered with setting up webshops and dealing with annoying customers like us :) Here's to Enzo Bonafe!

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Must not be an easy life being a shoe retailer these days. Most makers have their own webshop and offer a decent online service (not on the same level of SkoAB but still). This gives them an even stronger position in negotiations because they're not as dependent on retailers as before. This allows them to change the rules at their sole discretion. I can see why @Leaves set up his own brand with Lof&Tung but even then he's dependent on the factory making the shoes (and they do have their own quirky policies as well!). Luckily there's still makers like Enzo Bonafe who can't be bothered with setting up webshops and dealing with annoying customers like us :) Here's to Enzo Bonafe!

All of that is true.

dangerous

Reaction score
Anyone of you guys got any experience of instep in button boots? I'm thinking of a MTO on the 74945 last... I got a pair of hunter boots, but the instep is too high. My other boots - the 3937 and 391 got high insteps but it works.

I know button boots are notorious, so I want to see if anyone has experience of it before I start dreaming too much...

Do lasts differ in the instep? I can try on the 363mod pair in the shop if they got my size to see if it works.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my experience the 74945 has a lower instep than the 363mod and 804. I take a 9.0 in 363mod and 804, but 9.5 in 74945.

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Casual friday OakTarnsjo chukkas from 2016. I love how this veg tan leather ages. I find these extemely versatile. I believe its my most versatile shoes of my collection.

Attachments

• 20200515_163727.jpg
    20200515_163727.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 101
  • 20200515_171036.jpg
    20200515_171036.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A couple of months back some people were interested in the Danny Sneaker in Utah Calf. But I already had an order placed so it was a bit overkill to do a GMTO. The Danny in Utah has now launched together with some other nice goodies. Will post more of those later.

5BBD986E-5B2A-42DE-961B-6B04C004D81D.jpeg

knappabn

Reaction score
A couple of months back some people were interested in the Danny Sneaker in Utah Calf. But I already had an order placed so it was a bit overkill to do a GMTO. The Danny in Utah has now launched together with some other nice goodies. Will post more of those later.

View attachment 1391176

Those look great; any chance there will be a restock of EU45?

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1391176

Thank you @Leaves . Order placed for this and hope they fit well. I would even love a version of black Utah calf with black sole.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took the Park out for a spin again today.

IMG_20200519_135543_806.jpg

Had a message asking to share the rest. My apologies for not including it off the bat. Black Lapel, Brooks shirt, Turnbull & Asser tie.

20200519_114942.jpg

And I'm enjoying the hell out of not having to shave every day. :hide:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads