• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mailman dropped something off this afternoon.

IMG_20151118_121941_zpsslo7pyhm.jpg

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For EG, it's Mercer (shoe form, which I have in navy suede) or an Olney (boot form, which I don't have, but would like). But you probably need to do an MTO, which skoak doesn't do for EG. I tried to find an EB version, but Skoak couldn't find a single monk with the same design. Not sure about the others, those makers weren't on my radar at the time.

Ill look up the Mercer. Thanks for the info!

Carmina makes a model with the straight buckle...not in the same elegant bespoke looking shape, but the same design.

Carmina doesnt work well with my foot so not looking at them, I do know that they have a single monk which looks decent.

computingboy91

Reaction score

This is the old version on the 804 last but it should give you a good idea. I think this EB model with hidden seams blows away the competition.
Thank you Sir! Those are magnificent. I am also looking to see if anybody has picture of 74945 last. It seems like it is a thicker toe box version of 804, which is a preferable shape for me

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably a dumb question:
With the EB jodhpurs, can the strap be lowered so that it is visible like on the GG tavistock?

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh, yeah looks great. I just meant I thought someone around here purchased the black oxford on that last. I also think it's a great last, I got in on the chukka mto on that last.
Those are mine. I thought I had an outdoor photo wearing, but here is an old indoor one. Harsh lighting adding to the shine. Maybe I'll wear tomorrow for an updated shot. They really don't show much creasing.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does the quality leather (sans museum) used in EB compare with Carmina or is that too general of a question? Thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads