Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Skoaktiebolaget – Carlos Santos, Enzo Bonafé, Saint Crispin’s, Paolo Scafora, Carmina, Rubinacci

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Petepan

Petepan Distinguished Member

FWIW I am size UK 8.5 Rain last and I fit size UK 8.5 on EGs 888 and 82 lasts.

2. Fiddler

Fiddler Senior Member

^^ I am a 8.5UK in Rain Last and take the exact same size (UK8.5E) in G&G/EG. Once you make the leap to those brands you will be spoiled for anything else.

3. niklasnordin

niklasnordin Senior Member

I am using size UK7 in Rain and UK7 in EG 888E, both fits are great, but for the G&G i cant use an E width but have to go up to UK7F.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013

4. Swede66

Swede66 Senior Member

Hi Leaves. Is the new Tomir sole a rubber sole with a piece of leather attached on the waist (like York) or is it a leather sole with rubber attached on top?

5. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Distinguished Member

Many thanks gentlemen for the sizing help.

That's what I'm afraid of! :)

6. niklasnordin

niklasnordin Senior Member

Just came back from the G&G trunk show and although I didnt buy anything I can promise that I will next time if they come back, which I hope they will.
    Having seen these shoes on pictures is one thing, but actually holding them and seeing them up close was almost a religious experience.
    Absolutely stunning.
    Thanks soooo much to skoaktiebolaget for bringing these guys to stockholm.

7. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I've decided that I am going to give the non-Scandanavian person who pronounces Skoaktiebolaget best (most accurate or funniest interpretation, depending on my mood) some Saphir products. You guys have a week. Post here or on our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Styleforum

8. TheSizzle

TheSizzle Senior Member

Seriously, with some of these brands that come up on the internet, it takes going to a physical store and having to say what I want to realize that I have no idea what the proper pronunciation is.

Until I actually clicked the vocaroo link, I had been absolutely butchering it. I knew pretty darn well that it had to be pronounced differently, but I guess I've spent a good deal of time living in Texas recently. So, in the meantime, I'd been pronouncing it very similarly to Suh-coke-tie-boh-gallette.

That doesn't change that the height of the stack of money I plan to send them, but it's nice to hear it a bit more accurately.

9. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Distinguished Member

If only I had a microphone to record myself.
    As a German, I agree the name looks a bit funny because neither "Sko" nor "bolaget" are syllables that have a similiar equilant in German and thus the accumlation of characters makes no sense to my brain.
    "aktie" is the same as in German, even the spelling, so after listening to Jakezero's audio file I think it does not sound too difficult to pronounce for a German.
    Greatest difficulty would be to get the "bolaget" right ;)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013

10. TheSizzle

TheSizzle Senior Member

Well, that's a lot better than my transposing the last L and G.

Now, I just have to figure out of the suede spectators are worth it for me after the premium I'll have to pay for a size smaller than they stock.

11. Leaves

Leaves Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

If I remember correctly it's a piece of leather attached to the rubber just like the York.

You're most welcome sir!

:D

Yeah a German-speaking person, or a Dutch, probably has the best chance to pull it off!

12. Leaves

Leaves Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Here are some pictures from our latest factory visit. There's a new last coming out called Llubi. It's a round last and looks like it has a very generous toe box. I did not have the chance to try it our so I can't compare the fit. The Llubi last is supposed to be used for rougher more country styled models like boots, wingtips etc. I'll post some more pictures from the visit later.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Distinguished Member

Wow!!! Thank you for the pictures!

14. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Distinguished Member

What lasts are 80337, 80161 and 80349 on?
    Also, have not heard of Boga last before, a second new one or am I just not up to date?
    Of the shoes shown I like 80270 and 789 (inferior to 80270 because of the 6 hole lacing) best.
    Not a fan of very round and generous toe boxes other from boots, also I think the English makers already offer plenty of it.

15. Ialdabaof

Ialdabaof Active Member

Is 80343 monk a regular model? Any plans to stock it? Looks nice in chestnut calf (?).