• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Skinny men fashion

marv100001

Reaction score
im 6 0 foot and weight 69 kg (approx. 151 pounds). i'm a brown indian with skin color slightly lighter than john abraham. i have dark brown eyes and black hair. My fashion sense is useless, im in uni and i dress like i did back in high school u know baggy jeans and weird shirts and basketball shoes that dont match.
eh.gif

Anyway i was wondering how i can improve my complexion through clothes i know i should were square toed shoes, horizontal stripes, straight cut or boot cut jeans, and light colurs too look bigger. But im unsure of color matching and layering with my skin complexion can anyone help please???? much appreciated and thank you in advance.
p.s. how should i dress to uni and bars and stuff?
smile.gif

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Wear baggy collared shirts in red or brown, make sure they hang a good 3 inches over your belt when tucked in.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright, here's a chance for mensimageconsultant to prove himself...

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
Nobody should ever wear square-toed shoes.
With one exception.....

Square%20Toe%20Shoe.jpg

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by marv100001
Anyway i was wondering how i can improve my complexion through clothes i know i should were square toed shoes, horizontal stripes, straight cut or boot cut jeans, and light colurs too look bigger. But im unsure of color matching and layering with my skin complexion can anyone help please???? much appreciated and thank you in advance. p.s. how should i dress to uni and bars and stuff?
smile.gif

Do a bit of a search for articles, or posts on here on how clothing should fit - if you are skinny having clothes that fit is really important, clothes that are too big or baggy will make you look even skinnier. Do the same for clothing colours and complexion - although take what you find with a pinch of salt. Some colours look like ass no matter what articles say, and some colours like a pale blue look good on anyone. Squared toed shoes are fairly ugly and I am not clear on what you expect them to do for you, the horizontal stripes make you broader/vertical stripes make you taller thing is a myth, can't be bothered to look for the papers but both an Italian and British scientist published stuff along this line. Boot cut jeans will not flatter you as they will make the bottom of your legs look bigger so the rest of you look smaller, stick to straight cut. Don't worry about what you should be wearing to uni bars, probably more or less what you would wear anywhere else. If you are really worried instead of buying new clothes before you go, wait till you have been there a couple of weeks and have worked out what other people are wearing before you go shopping.

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For shirts wear purple (lilac), greens and pinks, all these colors will work well for you. I have a similar complexion and work very well for me. Any yes please make sure they fit, avoid baggy clothes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads