Sizing of Traditional Rainwear

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by vogs, Nov 27, 2013.

1. vogs

vogs Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a trench coat. I found one at http://www.traditionalrainwear.co.uk/. I read, that the quality should be very good but there are some troubles with the "customer service". So i wrote them an E-Mail because I'm not sure, which size i should take but i haven't got an replay till now (E-Mail was sent on sunday 24.11.). Has anyone some advices for me which size i should take.
    My chest girth is about 95cm. I'm 180 cm tall and weight about 65kg. So you can see, that my physique is quite slim.

I would be very grateful if you can give me some advice, which size i should take.

2. vogs

vogs Well-Known Member

No one? I'm sure that somebody owns a traditional rainwear trench. I alter between 36 and 38. I even consider to take the made-to-measrue option because i fear, that the sleeves would be too short in 36 or 38.

I would be very grateful if someone could help me. Does anyone have a trench from traditional rainwear in the sizes 36 or 38. That would be great!

Tanks in advance!

3. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Where are you located? Can't you just call them?

4. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

It should be your chest size, and they should be sized to fit over a jacket. Use your chest measurement- 95 cm is about 37.5 inches, so that probably means you're a 38R. I've never heard of that brand, so I can't speak to if their sizing is standard or runs small or large, but the general idea is that you order the same size you would in a suit or sportcoat.

5. vogs

vogs Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replays!

I'm located in Austria, so i think a call would be quite expensive. But i think i will do it anyway.

One question for measuring the right chest circumference. I read that you should measure the biggest part of the chest. I measured nearly directly under the armpits and over the shoulder blades. So i got about 95 - 96 cm. When i measure around the nipples, i get about 91cm. What's the right circumference to define my size?

Thanks in advance.

6. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

Right under your armpits is correct.

7. dan'l

dan'l Senior member