Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Side part mens hair question??

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by clokwise, Jan 26, 2013.

1. clokwise

clokwise New Member

I am doing a side part to my hair. I don't want the wet look I want it to look more dry and natural. What I do now is put gel in to form, then blow dry it out so it adds the shape and some volume, then i put in American Crew Fiber for a hold. I will usually hit it with the blowdryer once more to give it a little more natural look without the shiny or look of product.

Problem i have is it doesn't look great until late in the day. I usually get home from work and just run my hands all through it and mess it up then I can run a comb right back through it and looks almost exactly how i wish it looked all day. So I thought why not try that in the morning, but it doesn't work. The only solution I can come up with is doing my hair 4 or 5 hours ahead of time before I am going somewhere and then rub it all out and recomb before leaving and it looks fine.

I'd love to have hair similar to this
    I have tried to follow these steps but can't seem to get there.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

2. CTJoyce

CTJoyce Member

Aveda styling clay. Allows you to sculpt your hair into whatever you want but leaves a matte finish instead of a glossy "wet" finish making it look much more natural. I am absolutely in love with this stuff.