1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Sid Mashburn look

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Gorpomon, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Wooglin

Wooglin Well-Known Member

Von Franz definitely has this down to a science, haha.

2. springboard

springboard Member

Y'all are killing me here with this "Sid-bot" stuff ". aka orig; Thom-bot/thom browne. Ok so maybe there is a bit of affectation. That said I hate to dissapoint but there is no Sid Mashburn look. Just Southern preppy/anglo traditional colors mixed with a healthy obsession of fit and quality. The Sid bot feel boils down to silouhette here (See Matt Photo circled above) if you want to pinch off of his style.

Best thing about Sid is my wife knows WHERE to shop i dont have to tell her WHAT to buy anymore. Plus service is RITZ Carlton A++++.

Bonus (when your in ATL) no need to purchase anything here if you just want to go there and shoot the bull i bet you will learn something... i always do.

...My opinion only.

Springboard,
    Atlanta GA

3. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Senior member

And yet you have people from other states and other countries referring to it as the Sid look. Marketing: Catch the Fever!

4. Wooglin

Wooglin Well-Known Member

Boom.

5. Gorpomon

Gorpomon Well-Known Member

I called it the Sid Mashburn look because he seems to do it best. He definitely didn't invent it, unless he's secretly about 100 years old

6. springboard

springboard Member

7. deepitm

deepitm Senior member

Anyone have any insight into how the Sid blazers fit off the rack? I know it's supposedly a slim fit, and cut a tad on the short side, but is there a brand whose fit is comparable? Just how slim is what I am trying to find out. Thanks in advance.

8. springboard

springboard Member

Caruso. Sid Mashburn's version is similar. His house labels are positioned to compete feature for feature with the next price point up. I would buy one. This or a Norm Hilton. If you hate it, without looking, im sure there is a generous return policy.

Thats what i would do.

Cheers

9. springboard

springboard Member

Slim as in dont size up. Not trendy slim. Lapel size is 3"+- so is not Thom Browne here...if that helps you.