• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

A quick google tells me it is a "five star" review, didn't read it though.

Looked this up myself and there's another opinion (sort of a review of the review) and the woman who wrote it is having none of the movie. Sounds pretty awful the way she describes it.

Last edited:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do we even need to mention that there aren't enough black people? It's Hollywood after all. Liberal pieties only seem to go as far as the fundraisers. The movies on the other hand give America what it wants.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dear god that review was hard to read, the writer sounds so bitter. I've always been a big Tom Ford fan even though I could never afford any of his clothes or justify buying it. The colognes he has put out are great, I don't have any from his namesake brand but I still have Gucci Envy and YSL M7. I thought the movie was good but didn't live up to all the hype it was getting. The cinematography was pretty good but I agree with Fuuma's comparison of it to a perfume ad above.

@oulipien most of the stuff coming out from the media are opinion pieces now.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Dear god that review was hard to read, the writer sounds so bitter. I've always been a big Tom Ford fan even though I could never afford any of his clothes or justify buying it. The colognes he has put out are great, I don't have any from his namesake brand but I still have Gucci Envy and YSL M7. I thought the movie was good but didn't live up to all the hype it was getting. The cinematography was pretty good but I agree with Fuuma's comparison of it to a perfume ad above.

@oulipien most of the stuff coming out from the media are opinion pieces now.

Which piece are we talking about here? The review or the opinion (granted a review is an opinion...) ;-)

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Tom Ford, and given that we are in the shouldn I buy thread... I liked the TF sunglasses that Jeff Goldblum was wearing in the recent Mr Porter editorial. Yes/no? Alternatives? I like that tint of brown in the lenses. I have a small head/face. I'm not as cool as Jeff Goldblum, though.

Last edited:

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Which piece are we talking about here? The review or the opinion (granted a review is an opinion...) ;-)

At least that piece was put under the opinion section. Most reviews aren't. I was just talking about stuff in general, not just movies. There aren't many real journalists anymore, most are writers who clearly put their opinion in whatever they write

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@MickeyPunch I believe Tom Ford sunglasses are made by marcolin, not as big as luxottica but pretty big. They look pretty good, it's a classic sunglasses shape. If you like them and think it's worth the price go for it.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

or

or something I've wanted to re-buy in a bigger size for a few years (not sure if it will fit still -___-)

Last edited:

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had the 'superior version' of that n(n) jacket and it's wasn't that great tbh

I of course have no stake in this game

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads