• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Our Legacy, double leather sole.

Last edited:

ghostdog123

Reaction score
they appear similar to this seasons margielas, what is the price point cyc?

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
$388 (VAT already deducted) without counting shipping. Margielas are sleeker, and about $300 more.

Last edited:

ghostdog123

Reaction score
or close to 850 if you are in Taiwan... like me :/

clark kent

Reaction score
i should probably feel like lucky that i got my MMM side-zips brand new for dirt cheap. theyre still sooo nice that i hate beating them up though.

clark kent

Reaction score

The details on this actually look pretty extreme to me and I think you'd need an appropriate wardrobe to back it up.
Like some similarly apocalyptic washed jeans, some layerable asymmetric tees in good earthy and gray colors to go with it, I think you've got boots covered.
Its not like a TOJ, in my opinion, where you can just throw it over whatever. Textures and materials and levels of distressing have to go together as well.
But apparently its okay to wear Hanes tees under Rick leathers so wtf do I know :happy:

i actually have all this minus the apocalyptic jeans. it never really leaves my closet because i have nothing that matches up with the style. i totally agree with what youre saying though, i was thinking of just getting some DRKSHDW jeans and i'm trying to keep my eyes peeled for something like some lumen basics.

if anyone has any suggestions as to what would look good with that jacket, they should totally pm me. especially you melo, seeing as we're the same size in everything and we have similar tastes.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do indy boots go well with sleeker looks? Someone offered a balck cordovan in a cheaper price and i am not sure if it will go with black or grey jeans

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The details on this actually look pretty extreme to me and I think you'd need an appropriate wardrobe to back it up.
Like some similarly apocalyptic washed jeans, some layerable asymmetric tees in good earthy and gray colors to go with it, I think you've got boots covered.
Its not like a TOJ, in my opinion, where you can just throw it over whatever. Textures and materials and levels of distressing have to go together as well.
But apparently its okay to wear Hanes tees under Rick leathers so wtf do I know :happy:

I don't think the attachment is extreme. I think it can be worn with a lot, it's got a really rustic feel to it but still minimal enough to not be set aside for one particular aesthetic. I think you're thinking a little too much about it, attachment pieces are relatively easy to work into a lot of looks. Of course, if you have an "attachment look" it'll be a lot better, but, say, synth could throw it on with his worn apcs and sneakers and tee and it'll fit right in. I do agree though that it wouldn't look right in some contexts, such as with new raw denim or with shiny new shoeszzz (nothing ever does!)

Last edited:

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

I can understand wanting to avoid duplication, but if you're going to get one of them, get the second.*

shah, two please. the 1st looks too clean cut imo.

aaaaaahhhhhhhh...........i was about to pull trigger on the boiled wool cdgh+ until i realized, I don't mind old, my boiled poly is '04 but from original owner and barely used, but I prefer it having exchanged less hands. cannot do it as much as i want it
also really wanted lapel button :foo:
bawt used from y!jp 8/10 = real life 6/10 + free dead moths in the pockets. at least that's my perception given the stories i read here and there. i also avoid browsing the site like the plague.
sorry to disappoint all the would-be enablers, I have to go for the more boring traditional cut 3button cdgh in warm lined wool.

Last edited:

_yoo

Reaction score
canvas or leather? $125 difference.

C_BL_UBP_01.jpg

C_BL_UBP_02.jpg

C_BL_UBP_08.jpg

C_OW_UBP_01.jpg

Last edited:

_yoo

Reaction score

currently don't have any black boots...

I like these, OL footwear this season seems pretty decent though I haven't handled any in person
There's also the ndc gudge boots on gilt for $279 that a few members seem to have positive experience with. slightly different aesthetics, however.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads