• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheBlackBruceWayne
1484.10800.5132.100.jpg

trying to find this kind of sweater....at a better price than $88 on A/X

anyone know of anything similar that i can get ahold of?

if you like it, seriously, you're better off just paying the $88

c00kz

Reaction score
Those boots look like they're trying to be 3 diff things at once
the lacing stance is about as wide as the boot itself, looks weird.
I like the belt though.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
uncontrol you seem to own a lot clothing that suits your style and don't really need anything else -- why not hold off on cops for a few months, get a wad of cash together, then buy something truly epic? Poell boots come to mind. You can get them off ebay for 1/3 to 1/2 of retail. Or get some next level pimpin' bag.

Just throwing that out there.

c00kz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
He doesn't post these things to have people actually render their opinions on them. They're very clearly Uncontrolish. No one else here would sport, that's a given before dude even posts stuff.

I agree much of it seems to be for the sake of being provocative and w/e, but idk, those two seem plausible to me.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
PS

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bakatora
^ depending on your size, you should send ken an e-mail. i wanted to get this seasons elliot, but ended up buying last season's elliot at a discount from him. ss09's sizing on the elliot runs big though.. i normally take a 42, and the 40 fits me nicely. last spring's elliot was navy waxed cotton with no fishtail.

edit: your picture of the elliot just showed up for me :p ken sold me that one at a discount.

i've accepted the fishtail on the '10 since the rest of it is awesome

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
uncontrol you seem to own a lot clothing that suits your style and don't really need anything else -- why not hold off on cops for a few months, get a wad of cash together, then buy something truly epic? Poell boots come to mind. You can get them off ebay for 1/3 to 1/2 of retail. Or get some next level pimpin' bag.

Just throwing that out there.

It isn't a bad idea, but to be honest my tastes can change fairly quickly so I'm not comfortable laying out a bunch on one item. I don't particularly want Poell boots, either. I don't mind the idea of laying out for a sick bag or something ...

I should stop kopping soon altogether, though.

Originally Posted by JD_May
He doesn't post these things to have people actually render their opinions on them. They're very clearly Uncontrolish. No one else here would sport, that's a given before dude even posts stuff.

lol i do actually want feedback sometimes!!

Originally Posted by c00kz
Those boots look like they're trying to be 3 diff things at once
the lacing stance is about as wide as the boot itself, looks weird.
I like the belt though.

Yeah, boots suck, idk why I posted them. Still digging the belt too though.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
If it's not quite right, and the materials suck, it doesn't sound worth it. Just because something is cheap doesn't mean you should buy it. Why buy something you're not even excited about? Plus, you'll just end up coming across as another wannabe twilight lookalike. I give that two thumbs down.

I like it fine, just warning anyone else who might be interested. But, is this coat really 'twilight style'?
smile.gif

runner-guy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheBlackBruceWayne
1484.10800.5132.100.jpg

trying to find this kind of sweater....at a better price than $88 on A/X

anyone know of anything similar that i can get ahold of?

This is from the Simon Cowell Collection.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads