• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone think I can pull this off?
35d3_12.JPG

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel

Iron Hearts because I get the idea that they're indestructible. Tough to fade, wears hard, lasts long. Seems great except I'm not sure if there's a fit I really like (don't know the models well enough) and the price is a turn off.

Ande whall is like that.

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody familiar with the brand zuriick? Looking to buy some high tops and these caught my eye. Considering the price (<100 retail, ~50 on sale), I can't imagine they'd be built too well but they might be worth a try.
300.jpg
300.jpg
300.jpg

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PinkPantser
Anybody familiar with the brand zuriick? Looking to buy some high tops and these caught my eye. Considering the price (<100 retail, ~50 on sale), I can't imagine they'd be built too well but they might be worth a try.

They have some chukkas i was looking at, and they sell some of the stuff at UO. I don't think the stuff is that durable though.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
Somet 008

KMW Rockers

Ande Whall Rakers/Grifters

Iron Hearts

Put a hole into my APCNC so I'm looking for some new jeans. To be honest, I don't want to end up with a closet full of nearly identical raw jeans. Nothing wrong with that, I just think I could put my money else where. So that now that I'm over my APCs, I'd like to invest into a skinny jean that will last me a while, is of good quality, and of great fit. I just want a simple, tapered, skinny jean with some stacking, a low rise, and can hold its hue pretty well. And not a deal breaker but nice deep pockets would be great, something I can actually put my hands in when they're cold.

I'd like to try each and every jean on but... that's not possible. But, I can say that my issues of fit with the APCNC is that I feel they don't taper well enough considering the slimness everywhere else. Also I have hip flare, and I hate it. The rise I feel is too long because I either have to hike them up or deal with hip flare. Something to do with the back yoke too, it's just awkward.

I like the Somets because of the fit and the very low rise. Sometimes I end up slouching my jeans anyways and I hate awkward hip flares.

KMW seems to also get a lot of praise and seem of great quality. Not sure how the fit compares to the Soment 008.

Ande Whall just seems like an exceptional deal, though I don't know whether or not I'm leaning more towards the Rakers or Grifters.

Iron Hearts because I get the idea that they're indestructible. Tough to fade, wears hard, lasts long. Seems great except I'm not sure if there's a fit I really like (don't know the models well enough) and the price is a turn off.

somet 008, or try to find some RRL slim fits

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tigerFormula
I think rakers will be way too tight. They are even skinnier than NC's. I'm planning on buying grifters but can't decide on STF or SZ.

Well, I only sized down 1 in my APCNC and they aren't very skinny tight anymore, I dunno, I guess a similar tightness but skinnier in certain areas.

Originally Posted by constant struggle
somet 008, or try to find some RRL slim fits

Does RRL Slim Fits even approach something like the Somet 008 in terms of skinniness? Interesting...

rocks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another vote for Somet 008, they're skinny, wears very hard and stretches very little if at all.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
Does RRL Slim Fits even approach something like the Somet 008 in terms of skinniness? Interesting...

I've never worn the Somet, so I can't say for sure, but the measurements (with the exception of the rise...) of the Somet on Context are pretty close to what I recall my RRL are.

FWIW, the RRL slim fit is probably my favorite fit I've ever worn, bordering on perfect. I like the fit so much I had my AW jeans (before they were super slim) tailored to RRL slim fit measurements. If you can, I would attempt to try on a pair, or at least look into RRL. Based on the jeans you're looking at (same fit I wear) I think you'd be happy with RRL slim fits though the other jeans are all nice too.

Clover216

Reaction score
OK, I'm having a lot of trouble picking out a second pair of shoes to add to my wardrobe. I hope you guys can help me. To give you some background, I'm a high school student and I'm just looking for casual shoes/sneakers to where around school/town/whatever (not dress shoes or big clunky boots, etc.). At the moment I have a pair of Vans Authentics (Navy) and Nike Delta Force (Off-white, brown, and orange), both pictured below.
12486-d.jpg
delta.jpg
I normally wear jeans (planning on purchasing some slimmer fitting APC/Nudies/AW etc.), light colored khakis, and occasionally khaki shorts. I'm just wondering what you guys think would be a good choice as another shoe I should pick up. I'm trying to diversify my selection in both color and style. I had in mind the following two: Spring Court B4 White Leather
photosmall20669.jpg
Clarks Desert Boot
3339-150.jpg
I plan on getting some Sperry Top-Sider boat shoes for this summer, so I don't really want to get a boat shoe. What do you guys think? What would be a good choice to go with my wardrobe?

Johnathan

Reaction score
A navy blue leather belt to match some shoes I have. Is it even worth bothering?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads