Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

God that oki-ni model makes 90% of the store's stuff look bad. I personally like the white/black gradient and i told you to get that instead of the normal F/W white/black one. Since you already have the F/W one, i'd get the cape as it's pretty cool, and will be of more use to you being black. Plus, capes are fun

I tried both on today and both are great. I feel I could wear the cape/vest more as it gets warmer. I'll wait until they film so I can make for some good tv.

2. sipang

sipang Senior member

Trying to find some versatile pair of boots mostly for casual use but that could be dressed up a bit occasionnaly.
    I'm down to a choice between

Rachel Comey Hazard, toe box seems a bit bulky but I know my size so that's a + (online order)
    [​IMG]

or

Paul Smith unidentifed model and that's the problem, I know where to buy though
    [​IMG]

or

Robert Geller boots which I know nothing about except they were made in Japan and crazy expensive at retail
    [​IMG]

Price is similar for the three. Last two models are kinda Alden-like and pretty different from the comeys but really, I could go with either one of the three.

Thanks for any info, suggestion, advice that would help my choice !

3. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Comeys and Gellers are nice. I like the coloring/leather on the gellers best. I really dislike most everything about the PSs for what it's worth

4. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

I think the Oki Ni model is teh sex

5. chronoaug

Yea, he seems like your type, but guy needs to learn how to not makes clothes worse than they are. He was really rocking the raf onesie though

6. Johnathan

Johnathan Senior member

I like the first boot the most by far.

7. Clover216

Clover216 Senior member

i like CPs more. whatever you do, you can find CPs well below retail. You are late to the "$100 CPs extravaganza" at the Theory outlet stores. you may be able to find some in your size.

Sorry, but could you point me in the direction of these "CPs well below retail"?

8. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Sipang depending on your size those gellers are really inexpensive at Roden Gray right now, black and brown.

9. sipang

sipang Senior member

Sipang depending on your size those gellers are really inexpensive at Roden Gray right now, black and brown.

Thanks JD. Actually I 'discovered' them in the Roden Gray affiliate thread a few days ago, I'm waiting for Ryan to give me more precise measurements to see if they might fit.

Well, seeing the three pics beside each other, the PSs seem suddenly out of their league plus I don't need more suede. The Comey being apparently soldout looks like the geller are leading the way. Tension is at its peak !

10. Tck13

Tck13 Senior member

Nudie's jeans that AREN'T rigid / dry.

I was looking at getting a comfy faded pair of jeans for casual and never tried any of their pre washed jeans. Only their rigid. I assume that they're just as nice?

11. sushijerk

sushijerk Well-Known Member

Now I know that the CPs are better than the SC, but is the quality difference really worth the price difference? Any other shoes of this style you'd recommend (keeping in mind price vs. quality).

Thanks.

I'd recommend the leather Spring Court over the canvas ones. The price vs quality on canvas Spring Courts is retarded considering a lot of places retail them for like $130+ now and the materials/construction on them are mediocore at best + they are made in Thailand.

12. Clover216

Clover216 Senior member

Thanks sushijerk.

Can anyone else give a recommendation for the SPRING COURT B4 NAPPA?
    [​IMG]
    I kinda wish they kept the emblem on the tongue colored like on the canvas. I thought it looked pretty good. In a weird way, I kinda think the canvas looks better, but if it's a crappy quality then I'm not shelling out $100 for it.

13. chronoaug

Nudie's jeans that AREN'T rigid / dry.

I was looking at getting a comfy faded pair of jeans for casual and never tried any of their pre washed jeans. Only their rigid. I assume that they're just as nice?

They have this weird steel/vintage blue type color that looks pretty nice. The owner of this local botique my buddy works at wears them a lot. Quality on washed ones are gonna be the same as nudie's raw jeans. Raw doesn't mean better quality

14. UserName84

UserName84 Senior member

15. Lel

Lel Senior member

Somet 008

KMW Rockers

Ande Whall Rakers/Grifters

Iron Hearts

Put a hole into my APCNC so I'm looking for some new jeans. To be honest, I don't want to end up with a closet full of nearly identical raw jeans. Nothing wrong with that, I just think I could put my money else where. So that now that I'm over my APCs, I'd like to invest into a skinny jean that will last me a while, is of good quality, and of great fit. I just want a simple, tapered, skinny jean with some stacking, a low rise, and can hold its hue pretty well. And not a deal breaker but nice deep pockets would be great, something I can actually put my hands in when they're cold.

I'd like to try each and every jean on but... that's not possible. But, I can say that my issues of fit with the APCNC is that I feel they don't taper well enough considering the slimness everywhere else. Also I have hip flare, and I hate it. The rise I feel is too long because I either have to hike them up or deal with hip flare. Something to do with the back yoke too, it's just awkward.

I like the Somets because of the fit and the very low rise. Sometimes I end up slouching my jeans anyways and I hate awkward hip flares.

KMW seems to also get a lot of praise and seem of great quality. Not sure how the fit compares to the Soment 008.

Ande Whall just seems like an exceptional deal, though I don't know whether or not I'm leaning more towards the Rakers or Grifters.

Iron Hearts because I get the idea that they're indestructible. Tough to fade, wears hard, lasts long. Seems great except I'm not sure if there's a fit I really like (don't know the models well enough) and the price is a turn off.