• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

jaaz16

Reaction score
Yeah, exactly. There are many chambrays like that on the market but they all may fit slightly different. Seems like you've tried others that don't fit as well, so that alone would justify it to me.

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried on the Iron Heart Cotton/Linen chambray a couple weeks ago and liked it a lot but, you know, Iron Heart prices are rough. But it's definitely stayed in my mind (and honestly I'd seen it online for a while and I've always thought it was cool)

On one hand it's a chambray work shirt, a million brands make these. But something about it has caught my fancy. Maybe it's just the brand name? But it sorta feels dumb to buy a lightweight garment from Iron Heart!

I'm really unsure. Here's a pic of me trying it on if that's of any use to y'all in giving advice

View attachment 1825447

That Iron Heart is dope. You should get it. I have their western snap shirt in that fabric and love it. I wear it often.

sandmountain

Reaction score
Continuing the theme of khaki vs black (which surely must be a perpetual conundrum here?) what do people think here is the better of these two? This is the ‘Big Pocket Jacket’ from MHL, which I’m considering buying. I wear a lot of black at the moment, so that would be the most obvious thing to get, but I really like the green colour for something a bit different. Any thoughts?

View attachment 1823754

View attachment 1823755

Here are some people modelling the black and the green versions.

Well, I made my decision: Neither black nor green, I got grey instead (from this season).

A8A86850-F164-4F69-AF4D-DDA33408C94D.jpeg

It looks good! I wasn’t sure if I’d like the oversized fit, but it’s actually quite comfortable. Now I just need to find the matching trousers in my size (XS) somewhere (I’m a sucker for all things matching)…

079C12FE-4106-4845-9237-70B74232E0A9.jpeg

withbluejeans

Reaction score
This is more a "should I keep?": I grabbed this beautiful and unconventional (for me) Henrik Vibskov blazer from the SSENSE sale. I tend to wear boxier stuff like from Our Legacy and like more loosely structured silhouettes, but I'm not sure this fits me in the intended way? I still like it though.. What's the verdict on this?

Attachments

• HV1.jpg
    HV1.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is more a "should I keep?": I grabbed this beautiful and unconventional (for me) Henrik Vibskov blazer from the SSENSE sale. I tend to wear boxier stuff like from Our Legacy and like more loosely structured silhouettes, but I'm not sure this fits me in the intended way? I still like it though.. What's the verdict on this?
I don't love it, personally. What about open?

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score

My personal philosophy is to send an item back if I have the "should I keep it" question lingering in my head, because otherwise it will gather dust in the closet before I have to go through the trouble of selling/donating.

I also don't think this item looks very flattering on you. Makes the shoulders look small and the mid section look big.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Pass.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads