• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the shirt has potential. At least it's not a short sleeve. S/S button-ups always reminds me of the dorky office guy everybody avoids talking to.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe under a neutral color cardigan?

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Why would you pair your silver laceups with silver clothing? That's kinda what the street kids do who think you have to match the purple laces on your shoes with a white and purple sweatshirt and a purple hat or some lame **** like that. Just wear them with beat up skinny jeans like some trashed overdyed black ones and a slouchy but slim white tshirt (if you're kinda slim/skinny that is).

><

well I pair my silver sneakers with silver clothing =P

dunno just really dont like silver if its not matched with other silver things

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I pair silver with black or grey usually. I have a pair of metallic shoes (JV Chucks) but they don't really get much wear. So I guess basically what Chrono said.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
butteros obviously look great, RLs look ugly as hell I guess I have 12 hours to decide since they won't sell out, I shouldn't buy them, I'm poor, but after these I basically have every shoe and boot I need for a very long time:
357ob2e.jpg

d-nice

Reaction score
I have a ton of jackets and coats but I have never owned a leather jacket in my 29 years. I am considering this Rick Owens jacket and want some opinions. Its very pricey but if I pass on it, I will probably never be able to find another one. I found it in store and there is one left from the F/W. What do you guys think about the asymmetric look?

rick-owens-asmmetrical-jacket-01.jpg

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
butteros obviously look great, RLs look ugly as hell

I guess I have 12 hours to decide since they won't sell out, I shouldn't buy them, I'm poor, but after these I basically have every shoe and boot I need for a very long time:

I doubt you will be "set" for a very long time after buying just one more pair of footwear. Sooner or later you will find something far better and/or your style will evolve. I have often had similar thoughts and discovered it never holds true!

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I think that will look dated once the RO phase has passed it's at saturation now.

I would opt for a more classic moto/bomber/etc style RO jacket or cop that if it's cheap so remorse level would be low.

d-nice

Reaction score
Here is another picture of the actual jacket im considering. I was a little concerned that it might look dated in a year or two. This is one of the more simple RO leathers that I have seen compared to some of his biker jackets.

roleather.jpg

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
that is the mollino jacket. it's fantastic IRL.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
butteros obviously look great, RLs look ugly as hell

I guess I have 12 hours to decide since they won't sell out, I shouldn't buy them, I'm poor, but after these I basically have every shoe and boot I need for a very long time:

357ob2e.jpg

I was going to buy them too but chances are they will still be available next time around for cheaper. I bought some JV shoes from GILT and it was still available the second time around for cheaper so I'm taking a chance and waiting out on it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads