• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
as soon as i saw ivrwi's name in here i was excited to hear what he had to say!

alright, if ivwri says it can be done, it can be done :slayer:

edit: these measure 13'' at the thigh, the cdghp measure 15'' ..i dont think i can go bigger than what im wearing in that pic

Last edited:

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That looks pretty good snowmanxl definitely do it. Would look even better with different shoes imo.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks. was planning on wearing them with some raf sneakers. those blk laced up ones from last season.
side note: for some reason they fit huge. i ordered a 41 which is my normal raf size and had to exchange for a 40...anyone else had this prob?

also, should i have the shorts cuffed by the tailor or straight? they come with a cuff fwiw

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Eh, I wouldn't bother with those. I bought a pair on Amazon when they were selling them for super-cheap ($150, maybe?), and I really wasn't that impressed, particularly by the leather. I was gonna return them regardless because the ones I bought were too small for me, but I don't think they're a great pair of boots overall. You're gonna get sick of hearing this real soon, but I'd recommend saving up your money and getting something better.

coti

Reaction score
Yes or no? It seems like a piece I'd have to try on to see if I like, but it's final sale so I'm thinking of passing.

coti

Reaction score
Yes or no? It seems like a piece I'd have to try on to see if I like, but it's final sale so I'm thinking I should pass.
_MG_3724_medium.jpg

https://www.shopacrimony.com/mens/outerwear/jackets/odyn-vovk-panel-jacket

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thanks. was planning on wearing them with some raf sneakers. those blk laced up ones from last season.
side note: for some reason they fit huge. i ordered a 41 which is my normal raf size and had to exchange for a 40...anyone else had this prob?

also, should i have the shorts cuffed by the tailor or straight? they come with a cuff fwiw

I would probably go without the cuff considering the shoes you are planning on wearing with them. But you never know until you try right? :D

Wish I knew that those particular shoes fit larger than normal. Would have copped a 43 I saw on sale! :fu: ah well.

Let's know how it goes!

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ToledoStyle

Reaction score
Hey guys.. I've been dwelling on picking this up since I've eyed it for like a year now.. but I'm not quite sure on how great Belstaff quality is and for the price I hope it would last. Any thoughts?

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/accessories/bags/PRDOVR~23005/23005.jsp ..in the Mountain Brown.

Also been thinking on this because I think it looks neat but it is made from J-crew so the quality has to be medium at best.. would still like to hear any opinions.
http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/accessories/bags/PRDOVR~51650/51650.jsp

Been trying to do some self-esteem raising by binging on myself in terms of buying whatever I feel like (IE clothes) because of some personal stuff but would still like to make some quality purchases.

Thank you guys for always helping and any advice is good advice :)

-Brian

Last edited:

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
mm0801mil_01.jpg

mm0801mil_04.jpg

Now before any of you douchepotamus dus come out and tell me it's boring/why you buying basics...

I want it to go with a cream outerwear piece I have (really like a cream/green or cream/navy combo)

Anyone out there that maybe has this can you comment on the fit? looks like it will be tight around the upper body regardless

jaac

Reaction score
fitpic dudes physique is crazy

dom999

Reaction score

should i go for them? i think they look cool, would go well with jeans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads