• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shopping in Paris and Milan

Valentino1801

Reaction score
in paris, go to rue de faubourg
Lanvin suits, ties, shirts,
lanvin are the best of the best, similar to kiton but better
I get the suits about $7K,

Byblos has nice cloth too in terms of shirts in Italy, also, Cerrutti 1881 love them however they got bought out and u may find some
they make super 150s best jackets/pants
valentino as well, get them all the time along with Kiton

treydawg

Reaction score
Hi guys, finally joined the site. I was wondering if anyone has an updated list of must visit places in Milan for shopping. Wife and I will be visiting in April and I would like to hit up the places that offer quality goods at a better price than would be found elsewhere. Things like Italian made belts, ties, shoes, etc.

andu

Reaction score

Hi guys, finally joined the site. I was wondering if anyone has an updated list of must visit places in Milan for shopping. Wife and I will be visiting in April and I would like to hit up the places that offer quality goods at a better price than would be found elsewhere. Things like Italian made belts, ties, shoes, etc.

I'll be going next week, and I was wondering if you updated the list
1f600.png

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Beeing a regular visitor to Milan, here's a list I compiled for a friend a few weeks ago:
Sightseeing/Things to do:
- Rooftop of the Duomo – Take the stairs (don’t queue up for the elevator) and get on the top of the Duomo
- The last supper from da Vinci in l Cimitero Monumentale (one world: monumental, tickets have to be booked in advance)
- If you're interested, visit an opera or ballet in the Scala (if you get tickets – it’s worth just for the building and you can see some real Milanese people)
- On rainy days: Museo del novecento next to the Duomo, Triennale close to Cadorna (especially the Triennale Design Museum), Spa in the Bulgari Hotel (Via Privata Fratelli Gabba, 7/b)
- If you're in town and interested definitely worth visiting: Salone del Mobile

Food/Drinks (also kind of belongs to sightseeing)
- Panzerotti at Luini ( Via Santa Radegonda – don’t worry about the queue, it’s worth waiting)
- Da Giacomo (solid food, Via Marconi, 1)
- Best dinner by far: Ristorante Cracco-Peck (one of the most expensice restaurants in town (100 euros upwards) but an incredible experience, book ahead!, Via Victor Hugo, 4)
- Pizza OK (Via San Siro, 9)
- Armani Nobu (Best Japanese, Via Gastone Pisoni, 1)
- Cafe Victor Hugo (nice for breakfast/afternoon delights, Via Victor Hugo, 2)
- Top floor in la Rinascente (Easy lunch when you're in the very downtown. The department store itself is not worth a visit but the food department is)
- Supermarket Peck (For Parmesan and Milanese Salami)
- Gucci Café (uber cool and uber priced but if you’re on a shopping spree and in the mood, worth to have a café, Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II)

Shopping:
- For Her:
- Max & Co (Corso Vittorio Emanuele II, 11)
- Max Mara (Piazza del Liberty, 4)
- Prada (you're in Milano so you have to visit, Corso Venezia, 3)
- Valextra (the Milanese Hermes, very expensive but high quality bags (also for men), Manzoni, Via Santo Spirito, 20)
- Have a walk in the Quadrilatero d'Oro and do some windows shopping: Via Montenapoleone, Della Spiga, Via Borgospesso, and Via Sant'Andrea
- Corso Como 10 (answer to Colette in Paris, has a Café as well)

- For Him:
- Boggi (affordable menswear, jackets ~300 Euros, my favorite outlet is on Piazza San Babila, www.boggi.it)
- Al Bazar (stocks Guy Rover shirts and well-made double monks, great atmosphere to go shopping (especially if you speak a bit of Italian), Via Antonio Scarpa, 9, www.albazarmilano.it)
- Fratelli Rossetti (shoes for men and women, Via Montenapoleone, www.fratellirossetti.com)
- Ader (affordable suits and coats, stocks Aquascutum trenchcoats, Vicolo Santa Maria alla Porta, 1, www.ader.it)
- M. Bardelli (formal wear, lots of cashmere items, jackets ~1000 Euros plus, so rather expensive but worth a visit since it’s on four floors and the sales staff doesn’t mind showing you around, 13 Corso Magenta, www.mbardelli.com)
- Zegna (What do I have to say?, Via Montenapolenone)
- Fay (Shirts and outerwear, Via della spiga 15, www.fay.it)
- Camacissima (affordable Shirts –usually 3 for 99 Euros, if they fit you perfectly: buy otherwise go somewhere else, Corso Vittorio Emmanuele II)
- Santoni (italian shoes, Via Gesù 9, www.santonishoesusa.com)
- Churchs (british shoes, Via Sant'Andrea 11, www.church-footwear.com)
- Gallo (Knit ties and socks, V. A. Manzoni, 16b, www.gallospa.it)
- Isaia (amazing fabrics but very, very expensive, great sportscoats, amazing concept store, Via Verri, www.isaia.it)
- Piombo (Casual, unstructured jackets, interesting shop, Via Montenapoleone 23, www.piomboworld.com)
- Borelli (great neapolitan shirts, lots of handwork but rather pricy at ~150-250 Euros, Via del Lauro 3, www.luigiborelli.com)
- Drumohr (Knitwear, nice cashmere ties, via Monte Napoleone 18)
- Marinella (Neapolitan Ties, rather pricy ~100^Euros but nice to have a look, Via Santa Maria alla Porta 5, www.marinellanapoli.it)
- Etro (woolen trousers and coats, nice pocket squares, Via Montenapoleone)

- Interior:
- Alessi (Home accessories, Corso Matteotti 9)
- B&B Italia (Furniture, Via Durini 14)
- Flos (Lightning, Corso Monforte 9)
- Artemide (Lightning, Via Manzoni 12)
- Kartell (Plastic furniture, Via C. Porta)
- Poltrona Frau (Leather furniture, Via della Moscova 58)
- MDF Italia (Various furniture, very minimalistic, Via della Chiusa ang. Via Crocefisso)

- More shopping:
- Borsalino (Hats, Galleria Vittorio Emmanuele II 92)
- Piumelli (Gloves, Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II)
- Francesco Maglia (Bespoke Umbrellas – you’ll need an appointment first, Via Ripamonti 194)

I lived in Milan for a while and this list is pretty much spot on.

Just to add a few more:

Eat:
- S.P.I.B - without question the best pizza in Milan and the best pizza that I have had in the world. Don't know if you speak Italian, but there is basically zero English spoken there. Had to translate everything for my mother when she came to visit.
- Cioccolati Italiani - it is right behind Luini, so make a meal of it. Without question, the best gelato in the world for any cream based flavor. Grom excels at fruit.
- Giannino - the food is average, but if you're an AC Milan fan, you can feel history

Shop:
- Excelsior - I prefer the food section in the basement of Excelsior to Rinascente
- G. Lorenzi - via Montenapoleone. If you like cool ****, here is where to go. Cannot describe it more eloquently
- Il salvagente - like most outlets, it can be very hit or miss, but this one is the best in Milan by far. Transportation in can be a pain as it's accessible by bus only
- Expo Milan 2015 - if you're here for it, just on the red line to Rho and have fun

Last edited:

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I lived in Milan for a while and this list is pretty much spot on.

Just to add a few more:

Eat:
- S.P.I.B - without question the best pizza in Milan and the best pizza that I have had in the world. Don't know if you speak Italian, but there is basically zero English spoken there. Had to translate everything for my mother when she came to visit.
- Cioccolati Italiani - it is right behind Luini, so make a meal of it. Without question, the best gelato in the world for any cream based flavor. Grom excels at fruit.
- Giannino - the food is average, but if you're an AC Milan fan, you can feel history

Shop:
- Excelsior - I prefer the food section in the basement of Excelsior to Rinascente
- G. Lorenzi - via Montenapoleone. If you like cool ****, here is where to go. Cannot describe it more eloquently
- Il salvagente - like most outlets, it can be very hit or miss, but this one is the best in Milan by far. Transportation in can be a pain as it's accessible by bus only
- Expo Milan 2015 - if you're here for it, just on the red line to Rho and have fun

My favourite place to eat while I was staying in Milan: Boccondivino, Via G. Carducci (near Corso Magenta). Not for vegetarians!

Etienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Don't forget Arnys, Cape Cod/Marc Gayot, Crockett and Jones next door and Delos. I think RJMan had a thread about Paris a while back. Pity Old England closed.

Arny's was sold to Berluti a couple years ago. The old shop is gone, replaced by a sleek new flagship store for the "Berluti" clothes brand that they launched last year. None of the old spirit survived.

Lorenzi is closed to my knowledge

Indeed. I am disconsolate.

Meurice

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Oh and try Savini btu make sure you understand you dont get "American" service there

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads