• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shopping at Del Amo Fashion Center, Torrance...Are the stores any good?

coolnite

Reaction score
Gents,

Hope this messages finds all readers well and in the Christmas spirit.

I have a friend who will be travelling to LA, and will be staying at the hotel opposite the Del Amo Fashion Center next week, need some advice or if there are any opinions anyone has to share with regards to buying shoes and suits proxy my friend who will be there for 2-3 days. He did mentioned that travelling to other stores in downtown LA - like Saks, etc, will be too far away from where he will be located.

The suits and shoes i wear are Santoni - Sutor, Zegna - Canali. I have scanned and scoured the net and the mall's website but am disappointed that no store in the mall - (JC Penny, Sears) carries any of the brands. Can anyone recommend any store within the mall that i have missed out, or perhaps any stores around the mall that you can think of?

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks and happy hols.

Harjit@Coolnite.
Singapore.

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Del amo mall is decidedly low brow when it comes to fashion. If you're willing to have him travel to Santa Monica (15 miles north on the 405 freeway), have him visit Ian's warehouse (shop the finest).

he has a lot of borrelli, crispin, sutor and tom ford shoes for $339-$449.

gachimai

Reaction score
I actually live in Torrance, 5 mins from Del Amo.

It sucks, don't go to that mall. Its actually quite depressing to go there. They did open up an newer open air section, but still sucks.

South Bay Galleria in Redondo Beach is barely better (Nordstrom, Banana Republic)

Basically, I don't shop in the South Bay area.

If your friend is renting a car, then he could drive to Santa Monica/Beverly Hills/Century City area, better shopping out there.

coolnite

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gachimai

It sucks, don't go to that mall. Its actually quite depressing to go there. They did open up an newer open air section, but still sucks.

South Bay Galleria in Redondo Beach is barely better (Nordstrom, Banana Republic)

If your friend is renting a car, then he could drive to Santa Monica/Beverly Hills/Century City area, better shopping out there.

Originally Posted by bmulford
Del amo mall is decidedly low brow when it comes to fashion. If you're willing to have him travel to Santa Monica (15 miles north on the 405 freeway), have him visit Ian's warehouse (shop the finest).

he has a lot of borrelli, crispin, sutor and tom ford shoes for $339-$449.

@bmulford & @gachimai, thanks for the heads-up!

I did contact Ian, he does have some Santoni and Sutors that have not been listed. I might just get him to ship the shoes to the hotel after looking at what he has to offer. I would have to check Nordstorm, problem is, most of the sale stuff aren't listed on the website.
mad.gif

Thanks again.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gachimai

When I worked in the airlines i was forever hanging around Del Amo Mall cause I had nothing else to do. Now everytime I watch a rerun of Jackie Brown I remember every lonely wasted minute I spent in that place...except the time I shared a cup of coffee with Pam Grier...just kidding ...that part was a lie....
shog[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads