• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoes for Summer?

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, i wear my clarks db sockless but you cant tell unless im sitting down. i wouldnt wear them all the time though. enter the boat shoes.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Well, since the boatshoes, chucks, purcell's, etc already got mentioned.. how about Toms?
prod_184.jpg
I saw guys wearing them quite a bit last Summer. After being broken in, they look pretty cool with slim pants or jeans.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i actually just got the beekmans in blue/white. and they look amazing with slim jeans. im gonna wear them all summer like crazy. ill post pics when i get a chance.

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1, i'm thinking of getting a backup of the pair i have in brown or adding the blue/white to my arsenal.

mdeep1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by js4design
+1, i'm thinking of getting a backup of the pair i have in brown or adding the blue/white to my arsenal.

i have the white/brown pair, any pics of the blue/white ones?

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by js4design
as a blanket statement i disagree. definitely depends on the style of the boat shoes and cut of the jeans.

Agreed. They look pretty ridiculous with fresh raw jeans, but more worn in/broken in jeans they start looking considerably better. Jeans also nearly must be slim as well.

Turin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lakichan
opening ceremony is supposed to release their version of the bass weejun. an excellent loafer. i'm pretty sure it's over the $100 mark though. if you do like the bass weejun try getting a pair on ebay. that's where i kopped mine and it was well under $100.

Would Weejuns look good with jeans?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads