1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Shoe size cheat sheet

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Oct 16, 2004.

1. j

j Senior member Admin

Looking through some posts I see that the issue of "what fits like what" comes up quite often. It would be great if someone could put together a concise guide as to how the various makers' / countries' shoes fit in comparison to UK/US/EU sizes. If you know what I mean, please post what you know. If anyone is good with spreadsheets or something, maybe they can edit it together and make an easy table?

This way people can easily find their size and buy shoes on ebay, etc.

Also, if you just know how your own shoes fit, post that as well, e.g. "I wear a 10E in Ferragamos but a 11D in ... whatever". This will help make out some standards.

Thanks.

2. Alias

Alias Senior member

I'm a perfect 7D American, as measured on the Brannock Device.

I wear size 6.5E C&J Handgrades, UK size. They fit perfectly.

For some people, translating US to UK means simply subtracting a whole size. But for some others, translating US to UK means subtracting half a size. I think this might be a source of confusion.