• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

shoe leather creases

andrew96

Reaction score
Please excuse my ignorance when it comes to shoes, but, why are all the pictures on this site creasesless? I thought the first time you wear leather shoes to creases them permanently.

twistoffat

Reaction score
I cannot speak for all here but I presume proper shoe care with cream and polishing will irridicate many creases to the naked eye. Good quality leather also shows less signs of wear and is easier to keep in good shape.

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are right in your observation. People here buy shoes so they can photograph them, post on the shoe Appreciation and brag about them. Nobody really wears them, a majority of us go about barefoot all the time.
fight[1].gif

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The secret is to not bend your feet when you walk.

I've installed rope handrails on a large amount of my most used routes and just pull myself along.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I iron my shoes before and after each wear!

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by andrew96
Please excuse my ignorance when it comes to shoes, but, why are all the pictures on this site creasesless? I thought the first time you wear leather shoes to creases them permanently.

A lot of people take photos before they have worn them for the first time. This isn't true for all people's shoes on here. I know for me a lot of my shoes were bought at Leffot and Steven takes beautiful photos when they arrive.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^definitely...and heavy steam.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You can also hang them in the bathroom when showering...

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MalfordOfLondon

I've installed rope handrails on a large amount of my most used routes and just pull myself along.

worship.gif

Regards.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ter1413

laugh.gif
hilarious.
This ranks up there with another SF member who drops by his cobbler to have fresh Topy's put on his soles every day at lunchtime.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MalfordOfLondon

Originally Posted by ter1413

crackup[1].gif
as I've noted before, reasons why I got hooked to SF....classics !!!

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by andrew96

Many SF types take great pride in their closet queen shoes which they apparently only remove from their closets for photo sessions.

I'm serious. And I don't get it either.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads