• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shipping to Italy

KJT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is undoubtedly the wrong subforum, but I always get great answers here so I thought I'd try. Mods please feel free to move this if it needs to be.

I need to ship a package to a friend who's in a small town in Italy this summer - Pesaro - and from what I've heard their postal system is not the best. She said to have it delivered to her office address instead of her home because they won't deliver mail if you're not there to accept it... weird...

There's nothing of real value in the box, just food and other small things to remind about home. Do you guys have any suggestions to avoid customs issues or delays in getting it delivered?

Thank you!

wetnose

Reaction score
There's a good reason why most ebay international sellers avoid shipping to Italy. If you have to ship it to her, then you'd have to go the DHL route to ensure receipt.

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KJT
... She said to have it delivered to her office address instead of her home because they won't deliver mail if you're not there to accept it... weird...

.. Better than leaving the package there unattended, isn't it? Usual mail goes into a mailbox without problem of course.
They'll leave a note and she'll have to go to the post office next day to get the package.
Problem is that they tend to leave the note anyway, without actually checking if you're at home and that by next day they mean next day after 10 am, which is a problem if you work, and usually means that you'll have to go to the post office after two days to be able to get the package by say 8.30 am.
Forget about DHL or UPS, go the USPS way!

YungLA

Reaction score
Italy is very stritct on what you can send, i forgot but im sure you can look it up on google. Its pretty ridiculous though. Good luck on shipping there, hope you dont have any problems.

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Write "$20 gift" on the customs form so the receiver won't have to pay taxes.

KJT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys - package is on it's way to Italy. I appreciate the advice.

KJT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dragon8
what method did you use and did it arrive?

USPS, Priority Mail I think, but maybe it was Express. They said it'd be 6-10 days, and it hasn't arrived yet.

I used the $20 gift advice on the customs form as well.

I'll post when it arrives.

KJT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still hasn't arrived.
confused.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics