• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sheets & Bedding Advice

Method1246

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm moving into my own place within a month, and I am looking for a quality set of sheets and a duvet. I've heard that Egyptian Cotton is the best, and high thread count is generally better, but other factors must be taken into account such as yarn length and quality of woven material. My question to you is, what brands are known for their quality? I don't quite have the budget to purchase frette or anything like that so what might be some good brands that I would only end up spending a couple hundred dollars on in total when all is said and done? More specifically, out of the mainstream stores (Pennys, Sears, Bed and Bath, Linens N Things, etc..) What is the best brand of egyptian cotton bedding can I get there?

Thanks

sleekblackroadster

Reaction score
sometimes you can find some nice stuff in places like tx maxx or marshalls. i have had great luck with really decent ralph lauren bedding from tj maxx.

i bought a down feather comforter from bed bath and beyond when i went off to college, it was about 100 bucks and one of the cheapest ones they had. and it was not worth it at all. so try to make sure you get some good hands on time with the items you're looking at. all the counts and cotton types don't mean much if they don't feel proper.

doug funnie

Reaction score
http://www.egyptianpeddler.com/store...on=show_detail

I bought these sheets and have to recommend them. Have had them for 2 years as the only sheets I use and they're holding up really well. They were decently comfortable once I got them, but felt a little itchy even after a first wash. That feeling disappeared quickly. They're also pretty warm and dense, but still super soft. Maybe not the best summer sheets for Florida without AC, but I make due in the northeast with no AC where its 80+ most nights.

My only complaint is that the elastic around the bottom wore out pretty quickly, but they were a pretty tight fit on my queen bed. They still stay on no problem, but felt like I should mention it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads