• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF in SF meetup, part deux

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by binge
I wouldn't expect everyone to be BFFs, but we were all friendly enough that I don't think anyone left that night feeling like they wouldn't be invited back or made any enemies.

Wait...are you absolutely sure that the attendees were from StyleForum?

- B

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We all knew that if we got too rowdy, PSG would punish us by closing down the "fake guccis" thread; and no one wants that.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by binge
Ouch! We will be sure to toast you a speedy recovery. And let a drop fall for the rest of the SF'ers who couldn't make it. Well, there's only been one so far, so I don't know if there's a "usually" yet <g>. But at the first one, there were discussions around clothes (surprise); impressions and opinions of the men's stores around SF: wilkes, saks, etc. and who are the quality salespersons at each; favorite restaurants, bars, etc.; suggestions on places to go and things to do for a few who recently moved to SF; a little politics, and a dash of religion among a few members who already had a previously running dialog on those subjects. I wouldn't expect everyone to be BFFs, but we were all friendly enough that I don't think anyone left that night feeling like they wouldn't be invited back or made any enemies.
Sounds fun. I probably wouldn't be able to make it in person but you could put me on speaker in the middle of the table.

emptym

Reaction score
^Certainly not. And yes, it was a lot of fun and very friendly. Will probably go tomorrow, since dinner is later now. Let you know for sure today.

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
I'm looking forward to trying the food at Le Colonial.

Has anyone eaten there? If so, do you recommend anything in particular?

I have not eaten there, but given it's Westernized Vietnamese food my expectations are very low.

How does it compare with the Slanted Doors?

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vitaminc
I have not eaten there, but given it's Westernized Vietnamese food my expectations are very low.

How does it compare with the Slanted Doors?

Better atmosphere, better drinks, food is not as good, and is more Americanized.

emptym

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
Wha, what? I would chip in for my share!

Oops!
laugh.gif
You slipped in there quickly. I meant to say no to what Binge said about PSG.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
Wha, what? I would chip in for my share!

It's a wonder to me that no one has schemed to get you and Manton to both show up at one of these things. Hi-jinks would definitely ensue.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
same le colonial as the one in chicago and ny? i hate that place with such a passion and have such bad memories in those locations.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
same le colonial as the one in chicago and ny? i hate that place with such a passion and have such bad memories in those locations.
I know the guy who started the chain, or at least was the big investor. Big, obnoxious German guy who fucked too many pretty girls. His wife left him soon after the first one opened. ****** golfer, and even shittier gambler on the course. Real asshole.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
It's a wonder to me that no one has schemed to get you and Manton to both show up at one of these things. Hi-jinks would definitely ensue.

1979_caligula_008.jpg

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I know the guy who started the chain, or at least was the big investor. Big, obnoxious German guy who fucked too many pretty girls. His wife left him soon after the first one opened. ****** golfer, and even shittier gambler on the course. Real asshole.

Does he sell second hand clothing on *Bay now?

- B

emptym

Reaction score
^ I love the East Coast. Spent 13 yrs there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads