• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF group buy poll #2: which skookum varsity?

Johnny Amiga

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Right now, all options have leather sleeves, as that was the overwhelming winner in the original poll.
Ah, damn. Then I'm out, sorry.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Add me to the list interested in the burgundy basically as pictured. Not crazy about the gray sleeves, and the zipper is growing on me.

Lostinthesupermarket

Reaction score
I could definitely do the all burgundy one pictured with a double zipper front, as long as the pocket zips were dispensed with.

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not rocket science, in the initial poll, snaps won.

I voted zipper too but if snaps was the far and away winner, there is no point in making one of the final three a zip, since more people are willing to buy snaps. You would be essentially wasting a variation on a jacket that inherently, less people wanted

imightbechad

Reaction score
How about one in scuba material? Velcro collar for FTW.
e8ba_1.JPG

Reaction score
strong visions of Warrior style gang fights in these jackets
maybe we can fight Men's Clothing in their white rabbit ties, jantzen shirts, kent wang pocket squares, incotex pants, and their leathersoul cordovan boots

Lostinthesupermarket

Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
strong visions of Warrior style gang fights in these jackets
maybe we can fight Men's Clothing in their white rabbit ties, jantzen shirts, kent wang pocket squares, incotex pants, and their leathersoul cordovan boots

win!
worship.gif

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I won't be buying so take this as advice I suppose...

stay away from white leather sleeves. my class jacket from high school has white sleeves and was a pain ********** to keep clean.

preprunner

Reaction score
I voted "other" in this poll. I'd like an all-burgundy jacket. I like the look of an all one color jacket. At least for the sake of this build. Other others look too high school. FWIW, I voted snaps in the original poll, but I'd take the burgundy jacket as is, as long as the pocket zips went. That would pretty much be my ideal.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackplatano
Definitely, I'm out as of now if these are the only options. I could maybe go for #3, but I think there are enough of us that prefer the burgundy jacket that we could do our own group buy if it comes down to that.
+1 Wtf happened to the burgundy wool body, burgundy leather sleeve combo? Lots of people spoke up for it in the last thread... Zips would be nice, but I could live with snaps/ buttons. Burgundy/grey is such a boring combo, looks lifeless. More people (other than myself) spoke for the combo in that picture than the combo it was changed to in this thread. Is there any way to get this back into the running, I'm sure it would be very popular by the specific mentions in thread already. Is there any way get this back?.. Otherwise I'll probably be out.

dibadiba

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by erdawe
+1

Wtf happened to the burgundy wool body, burgundy leather sleeve combo? Lots of people spoke up for it in the last thread... Zips would be nice, but I could live with snaps/ buttons.

Burgundy/grey is such a boring combo, looks lifeless. More people (other than myself) spoke for the combo in that picture than the combo it was changed to in this thread.

Is there any way to get this back into the running, I'm sure it would be very popular by the specific mentions in thread already. Is there any way get this back?.. Otherwise I'll probably be out.

+1 on this. a lot of people thought burgundy/burgundy would be better than burgundy/gray

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Read these Skookum threads, whole thing kicks ass, like all the jackets.

I wear H&M slim fit button downs in Small. What are the odds I'll be able to wear one of these jackets? I can probably gift it if it doesn't fit, I guess.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by db_ggmm
Read these Skookum threads, whole thing kicks ass, like all the jackets.

I wear H&M slim fit button downs in Small. What are the odds I'll be able to wear one of these jackets? I can probably gift it if it doesn't fit, I guess.

yeah i wear H&M smalls too. i think we just buy smallest size and it should work

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads