• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Fantasy Baseball League 2009

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WhateverYouLike
I have 5 diesel outfielders. Send me some offers. Looking for top flight pitching and other offensive players.

Which team are you again?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Buster
So what's the ranking? (in case you already calculated it)
Ok... so here it is: Offensive rankings overall: Carpenterrorists 3.2 Durham Bulls 3.6 Lone Fish Fan 4.6 Mets-rostyles 4.8 Jeters Never Prosper 5.4 Dresses Left 5.8 JoseReyes4President 6.4 IamHeretoLose 6.6 Purified 7.8 Edinatlanta's Team 9.8 Baltimore Brownbags 9.6 Off Constantly 10.4 Pitching rankings overall IamHeretoLose 3.0 Jeters Never Prosper 4.4 Purified 5.0 Durham Bulls 5.6 JoseReyes4President 5.8 Off Constantly 5.8 Edinatlanta's Team 6.4 Carpenterrorists 6.8 Dresses Left 7.0 Mets-rostyles 9.0 Baltimore Brownbags 9.4 Lone Fish Fan 9.8 I forgot that I needed to do everyone's numbers to get a true ranking, since it's not just average position. So I moved up and Steve moved down. Not my fault. The averages are the averages.
smile.gif

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Yeah, because strength of schedule is meaninless right? Those numbers have next to nothing to do with your team's performance. It is who you are matched up against. Considering you keep deluding yourself into thinking you are good at this game, I'm sure you will find some way to deny the pure statistic.

What's your record against the top three teams in this league right now Steve?

Strength of schedule is the whole point. It counts the same if you lose 9-1 to the last place team or the first place team. If you meet someone in the playoffs, and your team performs really poorly, and the other really well, you're screwed.

Like last year when my hitters hit below the Mendoza line the first week, and your pitchers did something like 4-0 with 35 Ks on the last day.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.
Strength of schedule is the whole point. It counts the same if you lose 9-1 to the last place team or the first place team. If you meet someone in the playoffs, and your team performs really poorly, and the other really well, you're screwed.
Ok... so you agree with me then that H2H wins are relatively meaningless as an indicator about the statistical performance of your team. Why are you arguing with me and propping yourself up with meaningless stats? For example, you are in first place with H2H wins with a record of 9-3-2, which would indicate that you have the winningest pitchers. That is not true though, as has been pointed out. It would technically be possible for the team with the least wins have the best H2H wins record in pitching. It all comes down to how the other team does that week. There is no argument. It's just another weak attempt for you to feel better about losing every year, I guess.
smile.gif

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Ok... so you agree with me then that H2H wins are relatively meaningless as an indicator about the statistical performance of your team. Why are you arguing with me and propping yourself up with meaningless stats?

For example, you are in first place with H2H wins with a record of 9-3-2, which would indicate that you have the winningest pitchers. That is not true though, as has been pointed out.

It would technically be possible for the team with the least wins have the best H2H wins record in pitching. It all comes down to how the other team does that week.

There is no argument. It's just another weak attempt for you to feel better about losing every year, I guess.
smile.gif

Uh-Uh. I average like you do...Just off the categories in H2H rather than individual. More statistically meaningful. Still leaves me pretty mediocre.

But I'm not playing you and it's not the playoffs.

My snake will turn into a rod with which to smite you.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
But I'm not playing you and it's not the playoffs.
Considering you might not even make the playoffs, I guess I'll have my cake and eat it.
smile.gif

My snake will turn into a rod with which to smite you.
Your **** threats don't scare me.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Considering you might not even make the playoffs, I guess I'll have my cake and eat it.
smile.gif

Your **** threats don't scare me.

I'll give you something to eat...

I might as well use my 4 foot cudgel.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'll give you something to eat...

I might as well use my 4 foot cudgel.

I hope you don't use that kind of filthy talk around your kids.

Anyone with a 4 foot cudgel is clearly overcompensating. I just use a baseball bat.

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can cut the sexual tension in this thread with a knife (or a cudgel).

Just have teh buttsechs and be done with it, good lord.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WhateverYouLike
You can cut the sexual tension in this thread with a knife (or a cudgel).

Just have teh buttsechs and be done with it, good lord.

Problem is, I always dominate Steve, but he keeps insisting he wants to be on top.
smile.gif

We are currently at an impasse.

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Problem is, I always dominate Steve, but he keeps insisting he wants to be on top.
smile.gif

Be nice and share, children. Everybody should get a turn.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
smile.gif

I'm thinking that's WHY he wants to dominate me so much...

Not interested in younger guys, Slim.

Or that whole grunge thing from Seattle.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
1. LaDainian Tomlinson (SD - RB)
2. Drew Brees (NO - QB)
3. Clinton Portis (Was - RB)
4. Dwayne Bowe (KC - WR)
5. Antonio Bryant (TB - WR)
6. T.J. Houshmandzadeh (Sea - WR)
7. Thomas Jones (NYJ - RB)
8. John Carlson (Sea - TE)
9. Jerricho Cotchery (NYJ - WR)
10. Matt Cassel (KC - QB)
11. Dallas (Dal - DEF)
12. Felix Jones (Dal - RB)
13. Nate Kaeding (SD - K)
14. Ted Ginn Jr. (Mia - WR)
15. Jeremy Shockey (NO - TE)

The King of All Football Drafts (6th).

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Tough Week last week, eh Slim. Fall just one more spot. I want you in the playoffs. I will have my revenge.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads