SF Cribs: The places behind the clothes

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by designprofessor, Nov 15, 2006.

1. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Best? No, I do not know. But for the love of god please never get anything that is featured in the Robb Report (like those pool tables with elephants and shit carved into the legs) [​IMG]

haha ok

2. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

Glasses are Lobmeyr, which vox claims to love, though perhaps he has never seen them in real life.

not true?

3. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

haha ok

www.joola.de

4. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

Thanks. She hated it, but it seems to be the first thing everyone mentions when they come over, so I never let her forget that I picked it out [​IMG]

Best way to do this is to pretend you hated it and she insisted, the next time the two of you are complimented on it by a guest. "Thanks. I hated it at first, but being the good, trusting husband that I am, I deferred to -----'s opinion and so we bought it. Turns out I was all wrong and she was all right. I remember this whenever I have the urge to doubt her taste in furniture." etc.

5. suited

suited Senior member

Best way to do this is to pretend you hated it and she insisted, the next time the two of you are complimented on it by a guest. "Thanks. I hated it at first, but being the good, trusting husband that I am, I deferred to -----'s opinion and so we bought it. Turns out I was all wrong and she was all right. I remember this whenever I have the urge to doubt her taste in furniture." etc.

Boyfriend. She likes more traditional pieces, but neither one of us saw any point in buying expensive furniture so our 19lb cougar posing as a house cat could destroy it.

^^Why do I get the feeling there is a playstation and stack of games just outside the frame of that pic?

There is a playstation, I own 1 game.

6. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

My cat used to scratch up upholstered furniture, but I just moved into a furnished apartment with leather sofa and she seems to have no interest in that. So that might work for you.

Only trouble is that leather sticks to your skin if you're sitting on it in your underwear. Is there a solution to this? Better leather? Some kind of conditioner?

7. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

New apartment in New York:

[​IMG]

More photos coming soon.

8. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

are you going to be working for a firm in NY?

9. suited

suited Senior member

My cat used to scratch up upholstered furniture, but I just moved into a furnished apartment with leather sofa and she seems to have no interest in that. So that might work for you. Only trouble is that leather sticks to your skin if you're sitting on it in your underwear. Is there a solution to this? Better leather? Some kind of conditioner?
    After moving into this place, he scratches exclusively on the carpeted stairs, he hasn't really touched the sofa or any other furniture, but we didn't want to risk it (he has in the past). Microfiber and other materials that have similar texture seem to hold up best when it comes to scratching. I had a cheap leather recliner a couple years ago, and if they scratch on it once, it's pretty visible and does quite a bit of damage. Then again, our cat is twice the size of most.

10. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

New apartment in New York: [​IMG] More photos coming soon.
    [​IMG] Man, I just moved into my new 'place', and frankly a 12' x 10' room in NY is pretty damn good for what I'm paying.

11. pscolari

pscolari Senior member

New apartment in New York:

[​IMG]

More photos coming soon.

Is John Chamberlain making furniture?

12. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

Just have to say it again because every time I see that pic I LOL... Even though I'm sure the food is great, damn do I pity Matt's dinner guests. [​IMG]

13. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

My cat used to scratch up upholstered furniture, but I just moved into a furnished apartment with leather sofa and she seems to have no interest in that. So that might work for you.

Only trouble is that leather sticks to your skin if you're sitting on it in your underwear. Is there a solution to this? Better leather? Some kind of conditioner?

Kent - try wearing pants?

14. Pylon

Pylon Senior member

Wow, you guys have some pretty great places!

I'm settling in to my 2-bed condo in the Boston area after about a year here. Still trying to figure out the place completely (and still need to upgrade/replace some furniture and decor) but struggling with finding the "style" I'm comfortable with. Working with a grad student budget, so some of the awesome stuff fellow SF'ers are repping in their cribs is well out of reach. Probably my next investment will be something for the living room (a better couch or seating solution). Feedback and criticism welcome. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. gamelan

gamelan Senior member

Kettler, hands down.

-Jeff

I want to get a ping pong table for my house - anyone know the best ones? Thanks.