1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

SF Cribs: The places behind the clothes

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by designprofessor, Nov 15, 2006.

1. otc

otc Senior member

Something tells me it's more. Hell...and 18 room anything pretty much anywhere generally goes for more than $1M

Not in mcmansion land...

2. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Not in mcmansion land...
    I don't think they made McMansions in the 1870s and if they did, they wouldn't be on the market today.

3. BrianVarick

BrianVarick Senior member

In Cincinnati you can get a nice older home that probably has around 18 rooms for under $300,000. They aren't in the nicest neighborhoods though.

4. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

You can get 6 bedrooms, 5 bathroom "victorian" houses for 600-700k on Long Island

5. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

6. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

^where?[​IMG]

Here or here or here or ...

Unfortunately streeteasy doesn't let you search LI other than the East End but other areas are cheaper than that... and then again, others are MUCH more expensive

7. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

A lot of beautiful pieces of furniture, gregaz. If that was my kitchen, though, I'd start renovations with a freaking sledgehammer.

8. jkidd41011

jkidd41011 Senior member

In Cincinnati you can get a nice older home that probably has around 18 rooms for under $300,000. They aren't in the nicest neighborhoods though.

And it would need that much in upgrades as well.

9. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

gregaz, if you ever want to sell that home in the future, I'll buy it. Seriously. I've been looking for something like that for a while.

10. MarcInDentonTx

MarcInDentonTx Senior member

11. jfclarky

jfclarky Senior member

12. lefty

lefty Senior member

It's a cool pad. I'd probably clean off the top of the bookshelf to keep the eye down, but that's a minor quibble.

Is that a C. JerÃ[​IMG] over the fireplace?

lefty

13. OakCliff

OakCliff Well-Known Member

14. rjakapeanut

rjakapeanut Senior member

After looking at the first 10 pages of this. I can only assume that most of style forum is: Trust fund babies, or Parents bought them into an Ivy League University and hooked them up when they were done with a good job or won the lottery.

Nice looking places. I hope you enjoy and appreciate what you have.

I'd post pictures of my apartment. But you wouldn't enjoy looking at it. I grew up barely middle class, parents had no friends in high places, they didn't goto college, I couldn't afford to goto to college. And I am still struggling my way through college, even though I am in my mid 20's, and most people my age all ready have a college degree. Back to my apartment. It's filled with thrift store/free furniture that doesn't match, carpet/walls/kitchen/bathroom haven't been remodeled since 1970's, and they used the cheap stuff to do it back then.... Place is a dump. But its better then living in your car.

i know this is an old post but you sound pretty bitter. lots of people grow up without privilege and end up wealthy on their own determination and hard work. i grew up with zero privileges and lived in poverty; we would have killed for our household income to be $35k/year. whining about it doesn't help. looking at this thread just makes me work harder in school and in life so i can build myself up to that one day. that's what you should be focusing on.

did anyone ever find out what zjpj does? i'm just curious ;x

15. leftover_salmon

leftover_salmon Senior member

After looking at the first 10 pages of this. I can only assume that most of style forum is: Trust fund babies, or Parents bought them into an Ivy League University and hooked them up when they were done with a good job or won the lottery.
    Fuck off. My grandfather was the dirt-poor orphaned son of immigrants who didn't even graduate high-school because he had to spend the time working instead lest he die of starvation. But yeah, I'm sure you're just as bad off, if not worse.

16. bing

bing Senior member

[​IMG]

I like this...

My wife did us up a nice nursery before our first son was born. I'm an excessively unemotional guy, but i'll admit that walking into that room for the first time hit me pretty damn hard.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's got a double bed in there now in place of the crib and it's about to get an upper bunk so we can move our youngest in there too [​IMG]

17. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Why do children need bright colors? Give them the same color scheme as the rest of the house, I say.

18. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Why do children need bright colors? Give them the same color scheme as the rest of the house, I say.

yep, thats what we did.

19. bing

bing Senior member

so you're assuming the rest of our house isn't like this???

[​IMG]

20. Imhoff

Imhoff Senior member

@bing

I actually quite like that shade of Green. If you don't mind me asking, what is the name of it?