• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seize sur vingt

banksmiranda

Reaction score
I received this by email:

Seize sur Vingt is having a sample sale. The sale starts today, August 31st, 2004 and runs until September 12th, 2004. Prices start at $40. Sample sale hours are from 12:00pm until 6:00pm

Seize sur Vingt tailors will NOT alter any items, even for a fee.

ALL SALES ARE FINAL SALE - ABSOLUTELY NO EXCHANGES, STORE CREDIT, OR REFUNDS.

I've never bought anything from Seize sur Vingt. I tried emailing them about their cashmere sweater program, but they never replied, and I'm not crazy about the shirts they carry. Nonetheless, if any of you want to check out their offerings, $40 isn't too bad, is it?

rsp1

Reaction score
I'll check that out this weekend and report back; however, their (non)alteration policy is silly and counterproductive (sort of goes along with Brioni not altering their own suits if purchased elsewhere -- poor customer development).

banksmiranda

Reaction score
While the entire SSV collection is only available at 243 Elizabeth, much of the clothing is on-line, and at shops in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, and Japan.

Chicago:
Apartment # 9

Los Angeles:
Fred Segal(Santa Monica)
Apartment # 9
Doug Furr
Lisa Klein?

San Francisco:
Wilkes Bashford

Japan?

Not to be left out, our made-to-order cashmere sweater program is the only one we're aware of, and we offer over 200 colors across 5 current styles. Call us for more information.

Apparently this allows for sleeve length and body length modification on (usually) a stock-size body. There is no minimum order.

We employ tailors on the premises to fit and finish shirts, suits, jackets and trousers.

Has production ever been on the premises, or have they always really only done alterations on the premises?

mr. magoo

Reaction score
I tend to be the only 16/20 advocate on these boards and stopped by the sale yesterday.

Pretty slim pickings. There were about 50 shirts in odd sizes -- lots of 15/35 and 17.5/37, etc. -- for $65. A few nice polo shirts in all sizes (I picked one up) for $25. A smattering of ties, belts and large sweaters.

There were lots of trousers in larger/smaller sizes -- 30 and 36+. Mostly unattractive wools (light green and so forth), but not bad.

The coup for me were jackets. They did several in the 40R range and I picked up an olive tweed and a lighter French blue (unfinished so I'll have to get button, holes sewn, etc.) for $150 each. I tried to get the guy to tell me who did them and he claimed they were true samples, but the tailors tag on the blue one said Ciccarelli. I'd guess Boglioli did the tweed since that's who does their new suits.

The best was for women however. Lots of shirts, trousers, suits and even a couple of nice overcoats ($250/each). Their womens' shirts are narrowly cut and the suits were small sizes (4s and 6s, mostly). If you have a smaller girlfriend, I'd suggest going with her as she'll appreciate it more. For guys, unless you're a 39-40, it's mostly missable.

To answer questions: the store is located in Nolita on Elizabeth between Spring and Houston. The sale is in the rear garden area, which may not be obvious. They used to do alterations on premises (in basement), but I don't know about now.

The tailoring program sounds a LOT more MTM to me -- they take measurements (not that any one of them is a tailor), and they send those to the factory in Italy where the garment gets made. It's custom presumably in that they don't have stock patterns they alter, but I wouldn't call it a real custom program.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks banks.

I went to the 16/20 sale on Friday and picked up a polo and dress shirt. The dress shirt was near the upper range of my budget, but the fit was impeccable for skinny people--a little on the tight side for a person that is admittedly underweight. They had three styles of polo shirts remaining. I preferred the charcoal black instead of the brown.

Nice style overall. Very youth oriented.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics