Seigo, NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by TimMureau, Sep 17, 2006.

1. TimMureau

TimMureau Well-Known Member

Who is familiar with them?
    What is the quality? And what is the price?

Thanks a lot!

2. Duveen

Duveen Senior member

Do you mean CEGO, as in Carl Goldberg? If so, the info is: http://www.cego.com/3.html Prices are usually in the mid-$100s for good quality fabrics and higher-end construction. If you want a more MTM shirt, costs can go as low as $85-100. Carl also often has great deals on end-bolts, etc. I have a few CEGO shirts and am fairly pleased. Using Carl long distance (from DC) has its limitations, as in-person try-ons are very helpful. Are you in NYC regularly? If so, you should have few problems... The shirts themselves are well-made and nicely cut and Carl is a pleasure to do business with.

3. musigny

musigny Member

No, I think he means Seigo, on Madison and 90th. Seigo Katsuragawa makes limited edition ties on Japanese kimono looms, and they're quite nice. Each is printed in an edition of eight, and each tie is numbered. Patterns tend to be quite colorful, but you can find classics too if you take the time to look. Most ties are only $80, and they seem to get new designs in every few weeks or so. The bow ties are around $50 and are quite beautiful -- makes you almost wish you actually wore them.

4. TimMureau

TimMureau Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information gentlemen.

The site from Cego looks also good. I think I go check them too when I'm in NYC.

5. Duveen

Duveen Senior member

6. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

The ties are beautiful, but be warned that the weave is not so tight. I have had some of mine fray after not-too-many wearings.

7. lockey2k

lockey2k Senior member

Are these seven fold ties?

8. kbuzz

kbuzz Senior member

The ties are beautiful, but be warned that the weave is not so tight. I have had some of mine fray after not-too-many wearings.
    Manton (as ive observed from the AA board) is right as usual. But dont tell too many people. Too many investment banker types spending 150-200 per tie at barneys that are not as nice or unique as seigo. Again I agree, be gentle with them!!!!!

9. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

I'm with above. Not seven-fold, at least the few I saw.

Seigo color weaves are unique, and very interesting without being crazy or look-at-me eccentric.

10. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I didn't know about Seigo until know - apologies for jumping in with misinformation. I found a cool website on them in Japanese, includes a nice little map: http://www.chaya.co.jp/shop/seigo/seigo.html

That map is awesome! [​IMG]

11. Mark Seitelman

Mark Seitelman Senior member

The ties and pocket squares are designed by the owner, and they are excellent and unique.

Seigo recently opened a ladies store down the block.

I recommend them.

12. kbuzz

kbuzz Senior member

Please dont reveal the seigo secret to too many folks. Its a tasteful, elegant lovely shop. Dont ruin it. The reason I shop there is so i dont look like the typical bankers and wall streeters who are churned out en masse by the barney's sales staff. Seigo is for folks who dont want to look like all the other expensively dressed upper east side "stepford dudes" Over stylizized with ill fitting, albeit expensive taste. See, Barneys above. PS for the overly sensative- this is a tounge and cheek post!!! [​IMG]

13. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Please dont reveal the seigo secret to too many folks. Its a tasteful, elegant lovely shop. Dont ruin it. The reason I shop there is so i dont look like the typical bankers and wall streeters who are churned out en masse by the barney's sales staff.

Seigo is for folks who dont want to look like all the other expensively dressed upper east side "stepford dudes" Over stylizized with ill fitting, albeit expensive taste. See, Barneys above.

Pretty arrogant dude. Thanks for looking down on myself and half of this city with your sweeping generalities [​IMG]

14. kbuzz

kbuzz Senior member

Its a joke man.......guess i will put up some emotion icons....come on have a sense of humour. It was done in the spirit of praise for seigo.

PS I like the Ari quote