• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A bottle of Nobile 1942 Patchouli arrived from Luckyscent yesterday. A really refined, well balanced, and smooth patch.

Can't remember where I first head of it, but it's a much more appealing rendition for me than FM Monsieur, which I have and find too dense, ambroxan-laden, and overpowering.

This Kafkaesque Blog review of Nobile 1942 pretty much nails it.

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried the fabled Hiram Green Hyde for the first time recently. A little disappointed. Maybe it's because this type of scents are not that rare nowadays. Opinions on the rest of Hiram Green's range?

shoewarma

Reaction score
Chanel Egoiste on this beautiful summer day with mild weather and surprisingly tolerable UV so far. Egoiste is certainly best worn in a less is more application, with sprays away from the neck. I have one spray on my chest, and one on each wrist. It has been projecting wonderfully without overwhelming my senses, and it's much less aggressive than the vintage. The vintage was way too much, so this reformulation that I have is just perfect. It certainly has an obvious cigarette tobacco note that the vintage doesn't have. It's such a gorgeous, unique fragrance, and I don't really understand criticisms of it being old school and dated. It's far from being dated, and I'd argue that it's a scent that can't be attributed to a specific era.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Tried the fabled Hiram Green Hyde for the first time recently. A little disappointed. Maybe it's because this type of scents are not that rare nowadays. Opinions on the rest of Hiram Green's range?
Slowdive is incredible. I’m not one for honey scents, but this is darkly animalic honey like you’re head is in a hive.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wore Memo Irish Leather today and its really pleasant. It doesnt project overwhelmingly, and perhaps less than I would like, but its a leather that I could wear often. Definitely not the Tom Ford Tuscan Leather kind of rub your face with it's crotch kind of scent, but has some of the same good things about it.

shoewarma

Reaction score
Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan today. I like wearing this during the warmer seasons, as I find it to be very mild and well-behaved, despite being a very dry, spicy, and curry/cumin-heavy take on amber. Like Chergui, it smells just right in the spring and summer warmth. I'm swapping this away in a few days, so I'm just giving it a final wearing to see what I'm going to be missing out on. I really like it and enjoy wearing it a lot, but even though it's considered a reference amber, it doesn't move me anymore. I think MFK Grand Soir is a better, more enjoyable amber experience, albeit a very different one from Ambre Sultan.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Went back to Scent Bar and bought MEM. *******, its awesome.

Did a line up of all of the Bortnikoff's they had. I definitely get the oud thing now. The scents that I enjoyed the most from their lineup was Oud Maximus, Musk Habib, Triad, Sir Winston, and Symphony de Neroli. Kicker is they are each $350+ for 50ml. They are pretty huge fragrances so I can't imagine you would go through any of them that fast.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Blind bought Meleg's Mushin which is supposed to smell of the streets of Kyoto. 5th fragrance I own by him. Very interesting fragrance and much different than his other dirty Chypre style. It is a soft woody incense. It is kind of hard to tell what I am smelling. There is this slight sweetness, perhaps osmanthus? All in all lovely and can easily be worn year round.

Guitar Preacher

Reaction score
D22AC9B6-A710-4F3A-9CDC-548EEEFA3B4C.jpeg
I got a deal I’ll never see again on an EDT bottle of Misia. Similar to L’heure Bleue and Apres L’Ondee. The lychee note is photorealistic right down to the musky ripeness of that fruit.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since I bought Sauvage, it seems like there's quite a few folks wearing that now.
I've discovered another way under the radar scent I kind of like. Hope this one stays niche...
SPICE......BOMB (shhhh)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads