Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I was at a saks and they don't sell VC&A over there. Hopefully I'll be able to swing by Niemans next week to check them out. And get some more Acqua Universalis Forte to try.

2. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Lumiere Noire for me today. I don't love it, but I respect it.

3. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

They never are. I think mine knows about the two drawers, but not the bottles hidden in the back of the closet, behind the shirts. Even, just with that number, she registers her disapproval and hates seeing boxes arrive in the mail - so they now get sent to the office! :D

4. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

a sample, or the bottle? whattaya think?

5. sjmin209

sjmin209 Senior member

Parfum d'Habit today

6. james_timothy

james_timothy Senior member

I've been doing Terre d'Hermes most of this week, Habit Rouge today. I've decided I don't really like the smell of Habit Rouge, but I don't mind wearing it as a scent.

In the category of absent-mindedness: the other day I found an unlabeled sample vial in my drawer. I had absolutely no recollection of getting it. WTF? said I, and tried it on a wrist: nothing but blousiness. Washing it off quickly, I wondered if my wife had slipped it in there, and I wandered off wearing something real, like Timbuktu. The next day Whodini started talking about L'air du Desert Marocain and it hit me: oh yeah, Tauer....Whodini got his in the same split I got mine. Right, I remember, I like that scent. Now, how in the bloody hell could I not recognize it with a single sniff? Its not like it is subtle.

Brain dead and nose dead in the back to back days; I don't know which bugs me more!

7. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

so I wore Geranium PM today from my bottle and found it kinda boring. I got quite strong toothpasty mint for about 4-5 hours with some florals under there. I found it ever present, not offensive, but not particularly inspiring either. Guess I'll just finish this one off and not rebuy (whoops). A good reminder for me not to fall into the hype or 'need' to own something from every line.

8. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

I've got a sample of Strange Invisible Perfumes' Fire and Cream pure perfume in my jacket and just put some on - it's a lovely floral scent with some amber to it. I think L'Incandescent would like it, and after hearing his current leanings I've dabbled as well into florals to see what if anything struck my fancy. This Fire and Cream certainly has. It's bright, youthful, and somewhat feminine and keeps a floral quality for the duration. I've noted in all five of the samples of this brand of perfumes that there's a tea-like quality to them which I can best describe as a "bitter floral" as if there were some tannins extracted along with the other scent. I then looked on the perfumer's website and saw that most, if not all of her scents are hydro-distilled and wonder if there is indeed some type of tannic quality (for the lack of a better term) I'm noting that would not be as prevalent in some type of lipid extraction.

9. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

You saved yourself some bucks, then.

10. tps16

tps16 Senior member

Super cold today, so I'm warming up with some Shalimar edp. I think more guys should give this a shot. By today's standards, it's pretty unisex.

11. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Krigler Good Fir. Goddamn it's Xmas.

12. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Sample. I like it. I'd get in on a split, just to have 10ml around the house, but nothing more than that.

13. b1os

b1os Senior member

AgarAura - Aatma (pure oud oil) today. Yesterday something I really do not like: Boadicea the Victorious - Invigorating (I think..)

Guys, I need some more fragrances to sample. What do I like? Well, I can't really specify it. I like Jubilation XXV (Epic Man and Memoir Man, too), Himalaya by Creed, Puredistance - M, I don't like Lyric Man and Milesime by Creed (and said Boadicea), don't love Vetiver and BDP either. GIT is better, still I prefer Jubilation XXV. Does that help you to recommend me something? You probably know what I sampled by know. Maybe I am missing a few types of scents (I mean gourmands etc.)
    If you can't, I'll just sample more good rated ones at basenotes.com. I'm really a newby with fragrances. It should be available at http://shop.essenza-nobile.de/?language=en . Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011

14. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Today: Giorgio for Men.

BTW: I heard that Lubin Idole is being released in an EdP version, with more frankincense, rose, and amber.

Frankly, it sounds like awesome with about 30% more win, but I'd like to hear actual feedback before I start drooling in earnest or talk seriously of a split.

15. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Vintage Tabarome. I have just a wee bit left of an old decant. Haven't worn this in ages - it smells like a musty old library, maybe with a bit of cigar smoke.