Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Wow, that's unfortunate. I was rather repelled by A but I don't know who wants to smell like they've been dipped in tomatoes. The description of AB sounded interesting.
    I haven't been able to figure out why this scent is so polarizing. Frankly, it's one of my favorites but I've seen several people on here comment that they simple can't stand it.

2. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I should add, though, that we do seem to be smelling the O a bit differently. For me, O is completely dominated by the leather note, with a touch of raspberry along for the ride. I would describe it as very masculine. So if we're smelling O that differently, then you might have a much better experience with AB than I did. (FWIW, I think ELdO does the raspberry/leather thing better than Blood Concept with its Delicious Closet Queen.)
    As regards L'Air du Desert Marocain, I bet the polarized judgments have a lot to do with the very top. Once it gets to the heart, I'd have a hard time understanding why someone would strongly dislike it. But I can understand why people might react strongly to the top.

3. giony

giony Senior member

These are 50ml vintages but may still be found in new-old-stock, they were packed in lead crystal and gold plated bottles.
    [​IMG]

Creed Royal Oud again. The first hour is what gets me, smells fresh blended mint, bergamot and woods mixture, after all drain off to a cheap designer scent.

4. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior member

Yeah some people say that they find the scent overpowering and too strong, but I guess it's different on different people. I really like how well it stays on me, a bit strong at first but later on in the day I just get small wafts of it as I'm going about doing my thing, and I just love it

5. b1os

b1os Senior member

Amouage - Memoir Man

6. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Bah, I want some of that.

Last 2 nights - Parfume Generale Bois Blonde - nice but there's something in this that strikes me as "feminine" at the end of the dry down.

7. sjmin209

sjmin209 Senior member

8. L'Incandescent

Reverie au Jardin--Andy Tauer. The top of this one is just extraordinarily unpleasant, even by the standards of Andy Tauer. It's supposed to be lavender, and I get that a little bit, but it's very, very sharp. The top actually smells a little bit like bleach to me. Thankfully that doesn't last too long. Eventually the galbanum comes to dominate; it's quite bitter. That bitterness persists through the life of the scent. Then during the drydown there's a flurry of notes, most of which make only a brief appearance. It settles down eventually into a powdery sweet floral. Emphasis on powdery. It is certainly an interesting fragrance, but I wouldn't want to make a habit of wearing it. (This is my third time; my impression has been the same each time.)

9. b1os

b1os Senior member

Jubilation XXV

10. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Montale Oud Musk. This is INCREDIBLY potent. So much so that its still at the top/mid 5 hours later.

Started the day with FM Gernaium Pour Monseiur - Lasted about 2 hours on me.

11. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

It sounds like it. After the dry down, I hardly smell any of the leather, or anything else for that matter aside from saccharine raspberry.

I personally love that opening incense that gives way to smoky spice. Incredibly addictive.
    It easily lasts me all day and is one of the few fragrances where I get complements about the sillage.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011

12. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

I've only smelled it for a couple of days but sort of agree. It's bright punchy rose, with some wood underneath. So far nothing to write home about. I prefer L'Ombre Dans L'eau for example. Not a popular seller to teh general public either so far. There are some real winners in the line though and I'll probably write about them soon for interest.
    just a plug, i've got about 50-60mlml in a 100ml tester bottle (with cap and cool graphics) up for swap (even decants) or trade if anyone's interested... just PM me.

also, good sale here...
    http://www.walgreens.com/store/stor...p?N=308842 360335&Nso=1&Ns=Omniture_Relevance
    add 20% off coupon (I think) and Walgreens (filled by 3rd party like fragrancenet) will give you a 4oz GIT for $107 shipped...
    last year for the same sale they sold out quickly. some people complained about old stock, but it's the same problem you'd get if buying directly from fragrancenet anyway, so it's returnable. most people got fresh bottles so it's a safe buy and excellent deal.

13. sjmin209

sjmin209 Senior member

14. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior member

Last of my GIT for today

15. L'Incandescent

Bois 1920 Notturno Fiorentino. This is ridiculously good stuff.