• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

ultravisitor

Reaction score
Slumberhouse Kiste

375x500.31278.jpg

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I ordered the new Areej le Dore fragrance. It sounds like it is lighter and less baroque than some of his other stuff (which I have not tried). Really looking forward to trying it. I like that he sells 10ml bottles since the fragrances are hard to sample and sell out quickly.
I have 9 or 10 Areej. Some are better than others, but in general they are solid, some lacking longevity mostly due to naturals. I passed on this one as I am veering away from the collaborations he has been doing. I'm more interested in his base collections at this point. Also Agar Aura (the collab) is completely opposite in terms of fragrance style to Areej. It could be very interesting, but they tend to be very simple. I'm really interested in Adam's next collection inspired by traditional Indian attars, which to my understanding are kind of "dead" so to speak.

Last edited:

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are everyone's favorite TFPB scents? I'm still upset that they discontinued my two favorites, Italian Cypress and Plum Japonais. Probably a decision by the corporate owner.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are everyone's favorite TFPB scents?
If pressed, original Tuscan Leather. I tried the Intense, and it's nowhere near as good.
As far as Italian Cypress, at this point, it's decant only as far as I can tell. I found a good supplier that still has stock.
$39 for a 10ml.

Edit:
They also have your Plum Japonaise.
And they also have the larger sizes available again. They had been out of stock forever.

Last edited:

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are everyone's favorite TFPB scents? I'm still upset that they discontinued my two favorites, Italian Cypress and Plum Japonais. Probably a decision by the corporate owner.

I liked Beau de Jour enough to buy a bottle (before re-release in the newer Signature line), but have decided to sell it. So if anyone wants a 1.7oz BDJ Private Blend DM me. Sprayed about 5 times only.

The one Private Blend I really like and still use in warmer weather is Neroli Portofino Forte. Unfortunately that has just been discontinued as well.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If pressed, original Tuscan Leather. I tried the Intense, and it's nowhere near as good.
As far as Italian Cypress, at this point, it's decant only as far as I can tell. I found a good supplier that still has stock.
$39 for a 10ml.

Edit:
And they also have the larger sizes available again. They had been out of stock forever.

Tuscan Leather and Italian Cypress are my two fav as well.

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, got my Chris Rusak discovery set in last night. So far have tried Timbre and AEOOJ(LMB) and I’m already in love. I was afraid it might be too sticky, tarry but it’s so damn good. Can’t wait to try the others.

Karlus72

Reaction score
$39 for a 10ml.

Edit:

Did you try Vert D'Encens?

btw i do like tobacco vanille, oud wood and tuscan leather, but i think 10ml decants will be enough for me, i dont need a bottle of those.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads