• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sartorial mythbusting

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
Hey ... I once washed my favorite cashmere scarf. I forgot all about it being a part of the load ... so when it came out of the dryer I had no recollection of having washed a tiny white rag made of some absurdly dense fiber. I was thinking it looked like a little piece of vacuum packed Angora. Three days later it hit me like a ton of bricks.
That's nothing. An old girlfriend washed one of my bespoke suits in a washing machine. 40 deg C Wool Wash and then a slow spin to dry.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by George
That's nothing. An old girlfriend washed one of my bespoke suits in a washing machine. 40 deg C Wool Wash and then a slow spin to dry.
I defer to you. Is this what made her a former girlfriend?

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
I defer to you. Is this what made her a former girlfriend?
Well, lets just say at that time the little head was telling the big head what to do
smile.gif
Beautiful girl, but not quite a full shilling. Don't know what I saw in her really....sorry....yes I do, see above
wink.gif

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

olnhelnk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Didn't he have a blog for brief moment? Here he is with Hitchcock, Jr.'s significant other:

fvitm9.jpg

His actual title is Sales Consultant, right, and he neither cuts nor sews?

- B

I remember being fitted by Karl in the old store. He was being trained by Hitchcock senior at the time. He told me he had moved into cutting having finished his tailoring apprenticeship there. I dont know the reasons for him being front of house but he is fully trained at A&S in both cutting and sewing.

I have not been back for a couple of years now but I am guessing he is still there.

tailorgod

Reaction score
Actually, I could very well live with this:

gennarosolito.jpg

I don't like how the sleeves behave at the shoulders, but compared to anything I have seen from A&S so far, this is a true gem.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by olnhelnk
I remember being fitted by Karl in the old store. He was being trained by Hitchcock senior at the time. He told me he had moved into cutting having finished his tailoring apprenticeship there. I dont know the reasons for him being front of house but he is fully trained at A&S in both cutting and sewing.

I have not been back for a couple of years now but I am guessing he is still there.

He is still there...

He loves his gel this young man...

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
It sounds like Edward Sexton is the most stylistically versatile.
I've recently inherited a couple of Edward Sexton coats from an uncle. I wish he'd taken advantage of Sexton's versatility to encourage less pronounced roping at the shoulder. I can't look at these without thinking of one of those little girl blouses with the big puffy sleeves. I put one on and have this feeling that people must think I'm wearing wings ... like some angel from a 1930s movie vision of heaven.

tailorgod

Reaction score
Like this one?

I find their coats way too tight and from the look of them at least restricting a proper movement...

Actually, in the back they could use a bit of drape...
smile.gif

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tailorgod
Like this one?

I find their coats way too tight and from the look of them at least restricting a proper movement...

Actually, in the back they could use a bit of drape...
smile.gif

It is a very strong look ..Very italian...

I do not have the 3 days shadow and the fluffy hair to go with that kind of fitted suits...

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
It is a very strong look ..Very italian...

I do not have the 3 days shadow and the fluffy hair to go with that kind of fitted suits...

Since they are Italian, I'm pretty sure that it did not take three days.

Just sayin'.

- B

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads