1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

San Diego Shopping Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by adidasfan, Mar 3, 2011.

1. mogadishu7

mogadishu7 New Member

Was walking in downtown La Jolla on Sunday and saw a Y-3 storefront "coming soon" on Girard. That should be fun.

Echoing everyone else's sentiments, sucks that Barney's closed.

I have to say being in a city that doesn't emphasize fashion can be good sometimes. My trips to Nordstrom Rack and the thrift stores always seem to be more fruitful in SD than LA or OC.

2. kriot666

kriot666 Member

That's pretty exciting news actually, I wonder when its going to open.

I agree with you about thrifting here and nordstroms rack, I grew up in LA and still go back often. I rarely found/find anything decent at the thrift stores there. Most get picked through regularly.

Just a side note. I've had amazing luck at all the thrift's in Palm Springs. So if you're out that way it might be worth a look.

--I almost forgot to ask, Does anyone else here like the Ted Baker shop in Fashion Valley. I actually dig it. I've found some really great pieces. With the demise of Co-op I think this TB may the only shop I really like there.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  3. kriot666

kriot666 Member

Recent Shopping

I happened to be at Fashion Valley the day that Cotton On opened. Its pretty much an H&M with a pretty neat stationary shop next to it. There was nothing there for me or rather my age group except for some really decent chinos that were skinny/tapered fit. Which this cut normally fits me like a regular cut. So for like $35 it was not bad.

In La Jolla, the Ascot Shop was wrapping up their sale. Lots of "OK" suits for sale, Corneliani and some other brand called Pirve, I think its a label from China, no clue on quality tho.

The Y-3 store was open. Some really nice stuff. Way out of my price range but if you can afford it, go for it.

I passed by a shop called James Grant, their blog said their hours are 11-7:30 on Sat but no luck, it was closed like at 4PM. Looking in the window i saw lots of plaids and denim but not sure what else they have.

4. Louys

Louys Senior member

Absolutely all of it.

5. kriot666

kriot666 Member

I just came across this: http://sandiegoalist.cityvoter.com/best/men-s-clothing/fashion/san-diego

Is it lame?... pretty much. But mixed in this "list" are a handful of stores I never thought of looking at, HIS, Attic, Capricorn,... etc.

Anybody think there's anything on the list worth a visit? Even just for a look?

I always take a look at Ascot Shop and Le Chauvenist, usually just for kicks, as well as Junc and Crow Thief (close to where I live). They're always worth a "look" if you're passing by.

6. kankle j

kankle j Member

I've just discovered Joseph's Custom Menswear and Tailoring in Downtown (555 West B Street). Awesome suits and other ready to wear and probably the best tailor in the City. Tell him Joe sent you and see if you'll get a discount!!!!

7. thinman

thinman Senior member

I visited when I lived in SD in 2006 and wasn't impressed. The best tailor in town is Romeo Singca at Felice Custom Tailoring in La Jolla. I haven't visited in several years, but I assume he's still in business.

8. steveyoo1983

steveyoo1983 Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Reviving a very old thread!
    Wow cant believe so little love for San Diego on StyleForum ;)

Gentlemen's Footwear will be opening our showroom in downtown San Diego in few weeks from now ;)
    However, if you would like to visit us in the meantime to try on Carmina Shoemaker, Herring Shoes, or chk out Drake's London, EG Cappelli Napoli accessories, feel free to email us
    info@gentlemensfootwear.com to schedule a showroom visit appointment before we open to public!

Our new address is

Gentlemens Footwear
    722 11th Ave
    San Diego CA 92101

Cheers!
    Steve