• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Saks brand suits

crider8883

Reaction score
An SA at Off Fifth also told me that their house brand is made by Jack Victor and is fused. FWIW.

cncrd

Reaction score
Yes, definitely fused. I looked at these again yesterday, and my Off 5th still has racks and racks of them. Not a terribly hard fusing though; not as "nice", for lack of a better word, as the PRL Corneliani fusing, but still not as bad as most of the other Boss & similar O5th suits.

I wouldn't pay the $699 full price for one of them, because with a little looking on Ebay or here you can get NWT stuff that's a million times better for that amount, but I think $350 a piece isn't bad at all for an every day suit, especially if you're not completely sure of your size in specific manufacturers and cuts, or if you're in a locale that doesn't offer a lot of variety in suit shopping.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KayGee21
Off Fifth is having a 2 for 1 sale on all men's suits, and I was looking at the Saks house brand since I could get 2 for $700. I've heard they're good and that they use Zegna wool so that it's basically a Zegna suit re-badged as Saks. Is this a good deal? Any feedback on the suits?

I'm also looking at this one on Ebay. Any thoughts on it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Absolutely not: A suit made from Zegna branded cloth is NOT a suit made by Zegna.

Don't fall for the salesman's nonsense and indeed lies. Fools like being parted from their money.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KayGee21
Thanks for the replies and the info. The suits are the "made in USA" variety. Do you have any advice on taking advantage of the 2 for 1 Saks suits vs buying used off ebay. Is there anything I need to look for/stay away from when looking at used suits? I really like that one I linked in the original post, and it seems like a good deal.

At $395 for a second hand suit, fools have been parted from their money.

bullswin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Larson McCord
what should a lining be made of and what difference does it make?
Of the little research I've done on typical jacket linings (e.g., acetate, rayon, etc.), I thought polyester is the only one that doesn't breathe. I sometimes have to wear a suit in 90 or 100 degree weather, so it seems like this should be a consideration. Am I wrong?

ishakir

Reaction score
I think these suits are a great value. As mentioned above, try to find ones made in the USA as I've found they are constructed better. I don't think you can do better for $350 per suit in the OTR world.

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Until this talk of polyester came up, I did not think to check mine. One is part polyester. I can say I never noticed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads