• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stoptryinghard

Reaction score
The women boots look ridiculous. I also hate the loose-fitting pants. There's a couple of jackets that look OK but overall I'm not getting anything from this collection.

Diet CCC

Reaction score
The menswear collection from AV is a direct copy of what AMI has been doing for the last 3 years, with skinnier models. Extremely lazy and boring, and honestly how is this sexy?

Even women's collection is bad, those 80's shoulder needs to go, such a primitive attempt for empowering woman, lack of refinement. Only thing redeemable is the proportion that is being presented, indeed feels modern and edgy. However you can achieve such proportion without any piece from the collection.

I think AV is still really confused about how to do menswear for SLP, honorable mention: Look 97.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's awful.

On a more positive note I ended up picking up the permanent collection denim jacket. I decided to be less picky about the fit not being as good as the old ones, and I'm actually really happy with it. Bought both M and L to compare and went with L in the end as it looked better on me and there wasn't much advantage with the M (waist was still quite big and length was hardly any shorter).

therattler

Reaction score
It's awful.

On a more positive note I ended up picking up the permanent collection denim jacket. I decided to be less picky about the fit not being as good as the old ones, and I'm actually really happy with it. Bought both M and L to compare and went with L in the end as it looked better on me and there wasn't much advantage with the M (waist was still quite big and length was hardly any shorter).

Good choice - I did the same with sizing (S and M) got the M. And with something like a jean jacket, it's cooler when it isn't perfect. I wear it more than any of my leathers.

Diet CCC

Reaction score
Good choice - I did the same with sizing (S and M) got the M. And with something like a jean jacket, it's cooler when it isn't perfect. I wear it more than any of my leathers.
If you don't mind me asking, how do you usually pair your denim jacket? I only see myself wearing it with black jeans, and I don't wear chinos.

Diet CCC

Reaction score
I wear black jeans everyday. But I'm all for the Canadian tuxedo when duty calls.
You sound like a guy who can rock black jeans well, any recommendation besides SLP? I dislike D02 fit in general, only wear D10 / D01 MW.

Last edited:

plstcpssn

Reaction score
Did anyone else notice they changed the logo on social media channels aswell as on the website? The 'Paris' subline had been dropped from the ads since AV took over. I wonder if they will be changing tags on the garments aswell. Doesn't really seem that neccessary to me...

stoptryinghard

Reaction score

You sound like a guy who can rock black jeans well, any recommendation besides SLP?

If you want jeans that fit similar to D02 skinnies then I'd recommend the Levis 510. I have a pair of off-the-rack 27x30 that fits almost exactly like my tailored D02s in size 27. The only difference is the hem on the Levis is 14.5cm instead of 14cm on my SLP jeans. The denim quality isn't as nice but they're still pretty decent IMO.

The only thing I don't like about them is the tags because they're visible. I hate visible tags.

Last edited:

Diet CCC

Reaction score
If you want jeans that fit similar to D02 skinnies then I'd recommend the Levis 510. I have a pair of off-the-rack 27x30 that fits almost exactly like my tailored D02s in size 27. The only difference is the hem on the Levis is 14.5cm instead of 14cm on my SLP jeans. The denim quality isn't as nice but they're still pretty decent IMO.

The only thing I don't like about them is the tags because they're visible. I hate visible tags.
I actually wear D10 and D01 MW only. Thanks for the Rec. though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads