• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

youwhat

Reaction score
dunno if it was you
not angry in the slightest

and yeah am on about UK (same as whoever it was)

i know how it works (i got invited / whatever / told the other week by staff what was and wasnt going in the sale)

some guy tried to buy some boots in the shop at sale price (the sale cant have been on then?)
he said he could have bought them online (he couldnt because they didnt have his size)

KVAEIOU

Reaction score
Thanks guys, appreciate your points of view.

Just spoke to 2 friends and they told me that considering the desert I live in (Dubai is not a desert anymore!), it would be completely ridiculous to spend this kind of money for something I would wear 2 weeks per year at most. I could not disagree with that at all...

For the velvet jacket, one of them told me it's leaning towards Philipp Plein (you know, that awful German brand that is louder than a death metal concert) with those studs on the back. That sudden realization made me cringe and now I don't want this one neither
frown.gif
I used to live in Dubai, there is no way even during that two week period you would ever need that first jacket.

valedictorian

Reaction score

I used to live in Dubai, there is no way even during that two week period you would ever need that first jacket. 

I was referring to the 2 weeks I spend in Europe on average per year. :)

But yeah, you're right, even the coldest days in the year around here are comparable to an average summer day in continental Europe!

plstcpssn

Reaction score

I was referring to the 2 weeks I spend in Europe on average per year. :)

But yeah, you're right, even the coldest days in the year around here are comparable to an average summer day in continental Europe!

If you're after this sort of style, there's quite a similar jacket coming from Sandro in FW16. I know it doesn't match the SLP Bomber in terms of fit and fabrics, but maybe it's an alternative that doesn't cost you 3k or more:

Screen+Shot+2016-01-22+at+1.10.18+PM.png

valedictorian

Reaction score
@plstcpssn Thanks a lot your input. Appreciate it.

I usually try to avoid copycats like Sandro and The Kooples and some others. I was told these brands pay their designers to get front seats on SLP's fashion shows to... well, be a copycat. I don't avoid them because of some snobbish reasons, but simply because I support the creativity of original designers. It nevertheless does not mean I like everything that Hedi puts out.

I did, however, purchase the Zara version of the viscose sunset jacket because I liked the color patterns more than SLP's version (+ easier to combine with my mainly dark wardrobe). So I guess I don't always practice what I preach...

Last edited:

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you - why are they almost 150€ more expensive than ysl.com? Is saks in US?

Saks Fifth Avenue is named for its flagship location in New York.

Last edited:

LA4Lyfe

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

You don't need a 'shoe guy' to do it.
Just trim with very sharp scissors.
Don't go TOO close to the stitching though.

Yeah well I just don't want to **** up

And what about the fit?

And what about how they fit compared to the SL10/H?

Same as high tops

Guys, I'm trying to decide between 2 pieces (see pics below) that are (a) from completely different seasons and (b) completely different in terms of style. I love both pieces but I can only go with one of them - not only from a financial point of view but also taking into account likelihood of 'frequent use'.
Context: I live in a hot country for 80% of the time (for work) and travel a few times a year to a relatively cold country in Europe to visit family and friends. But emotions count too and I'm really fond of the leather jacket + I know that once that last piece in my size is sold, we will never see it again!

Which one should I go with? Price difference is also about 2-to-1 (the leather jacket is the more expensive one at about 3,650 euro).

http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/2143193/width/200/height/400[/IMG
[IMG]http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/2143202/width/200/height/400

There is an aged version that's really nice and the fur could be black but not sure..but I think aged with black fur is dope for me at least. Either way can't go wrong

New zippers aren't as chunky as FW13.

Dang man I know... I really wanna see someone **** the recent ones
1f641.png

I usually try to avoid copycats like Sandro and The Kooples and some others. I was told these brands pay their designers to get front seats on SLP's fashion shows to... well, be a copycat. I don't avoid them because of some snobbish reasons, but simply because I support the creativity of original designers. It nevertheless does not mean I like everything that Hedi puts out.

I did, however, purchase the Zara version of the viscose sunset jacket because I liked the color patterns more than SLP's version (+ easier to combine with my mainly dark wardrobe). So I guess I don't always practice what I preach...

Sandro is great. I do see the sl inspiration though. But it's great company overall as alternative

Zara sunset is cool but it's just too avaliable.. But i am a fan of that colorway over the sl.. debated over purchase

Last edited:

thetourist

Reaction score

These came in today but I hate the shape on my feet so they're going back. It's a shame because I like the material but the cropped boots do nothing for my legs. I'm better off sticking with Wyatt 40cm boots.
[/IMG]

just wondering if these resemble the YSL.com photo or if they're more shiny/glossy like i've seen on other sites? I haven't seen them in person yet

Last edited:

Stackson

Reaction score

I saw the Zara jacket online and liked it. It seemed like a cheap version of the SLP version, that I already own, that I could wear and not worry about it get in dirty or fucked up. In person the jacket is very poor quality. The print is digitalized and looks cheaply printed on to the jacket. Not my thing although the embroided jackets looked a little better and less of a blatant ripoff.

mwn11

Reaction score
dunno if it was you
not angry in the slightest

and yeah am on about UK (same as whoever it was)

i know how it works (i got invited / whatever / told the other week by staff what was and wasnt going in the sale)

some guy tried to buy some boots in the shop at sale price (the sale cant have been on then?)
he said he could have bought them online (he couldnt because they didnt have his size)

I guess you are pissed off at something or just very hasty to try and get a point across. Read it back.

The UK private sale started on the 1st.

I went into the shop to buy boots. (The sale was on as confirmed by SA),

Couldn't buy them in store as was not on their client list they had sent emails out too.

Online code for Private sale was working fine.

Not sure who told you the private sale only started yesterday... Pity as a lot of the online stuff in decent sizes went fast.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads