1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Senior member

I went for a walk in my cigar jodhpurs and I caught no less than 3 girls staring at them.

I wonder if it's because they are still pristine and they stand out (they're two weeks old and worn for a few hours only), because they think "oh those are beautiful, I'd like a pair for myself" or "why is this dude wearing womens boots" (my gf says they look like womens boots).

2. edwardh123

edwardh123 Well-Known Member

for random girls on the street is certainly a combination of these two

3. thorns

thorns Senior member

Yeah, Hedi really makes slimmer versions of typically chunky boots. I really like the moto boots with their slim shafts because you can wear skinny jeans over them. Your crepe sole boots look good on you!

4. dddibakar

dddibakar Well-Known Member

agree. I feel that way too thats why i just prefer sneakers when i dont want weird looks from people... Dont criticize me... Its true. There is nothing so standout about cigar jodhs they just look like many women boots made by topshop... I own a pair myself so no hate on jodhs but its true. Unless you have velvet wyatt like @OakGhost they are not something that standout(other than being looked at as women boots)

5. Adamdraps

Adamdraps Senior member

I live in NY, 2 hours north of NYC and I have no issues walking in the snow with my Bottegas.

6. japejapejape

japejapejape Senior member

im not sure why you would want to wear crepe soles in the snow unless you have no other choice.

7. Adamdraps

Adamdraps Senior member

Cause they cost a lot of money to only wear them 4 months out of the year. Same reason why I wear SLP jeans and flannels during the summer.

8. KVAEIOU

KVAEIOU Active Member

Don't see a lot of creeper love here, wore mine out for the first time the other day

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  9. ohyehhh

ohyehhh Senior member

weird looks? lol.

3cm/4cm heels don't look like womens boots to me nor to my gf, nor to any other girls i know, guess it depends on social circles or city. (i'm in london).

girls (but mostly guys, oddly) DO take notice of the jodhpurs IME.

10. volchok

volchok Senior member

So, are bigas15's jodphurs still being sold or is only a darker shade being sold this season/right now?

11. dddibakar

dddibakar Well-Known Member

I dont think they are available anymore, these were from 15fw i think, thats when i got mine in the same colour as bignas15. The current ones are darker.

1 person likes this.
  12. sultanofstyle23

sultanofstyle23 Member

Hi everyone, I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I'll try anyway:

Is this a legit tag to a 2016 classic L01 jacket? It just looks off to me, but I actually haven't seen a tag with 2016 on it yet, so maybe it's real.

Thanks

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  13. volchok

volchok Senior member

That's a shame! I think that colour looks so much better than the darker current ones!

14. slann01

slann01 Senior member

Fake man, go to my blog for an in depth legit check guide about tags - http://lustercatcher.com/2016/03/01/saint-laurent-tags-guide-spot-fakes/
    Cheers!

15. prismichelix

prismichelix Member

[​IMG]

Thoughts on this outfit?

2 people like this.
  16. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Looks fine, jeans maybe too slim or just weird angle. YMMV.

17. thorns

thorns Senior member

All the items in your outfit fit nicely together and comfortable on the eye. Band tee, distressed sneakers, leather jacket, black skinny jeans. You would be veering more towards what Hedi takes inspiration from than what he presents on the runway. You'll fit right in with the people in his photo diary!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  18. prismichelix

prismichelix Member

Thanks man, I really appreciate it [​IMG]

19. ohyehhh

ohyehhh Senior member

for those asking about jodhpurs -

left: ss16 jodhpurs (and I also saw these late fw15) - tonal stitching, aged buckle, lowered strap/loop (so jeans hit/sit above/on it)
    right - ss15 (and fw14 in 4cm version..?) - white stitching, gold tone buckle, higher strap/loop (so jeans end up covering some of the detail).

both are nice colours, the difference in real life is quite subtle, the layman would have to squint/think that the colours are any different. i like the ss16 cos the suede is more 'nappy', probably describing it wrong but if you brush your fingers up/down against the grain it leaves a noticeable colour difference (which i like in suede ha, make patterns in your shoes :)), with the ss15 it's not that obvious.

i prefer the higher buckle on the ss15, even though it meant you lost some of the detail and/or would only get a subtle peek if your jeans rose, kinda feels less 'designed' in the hedi spirit of things.

when sunlight hits both colours, the colour looks gorgeous, especially with all black outfits
    [​IMG]

20. thorns

thorns Senior member

In terms of evaluating the boot just as a standalone item, I feel the original higher buckle placement makes the boot look better.