• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have fit pics of the destroyed or distressed SLP denim? I see some of the items on the website and they look awesome to me.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
There are a bunch of sneakers 40% off in SLP boutiques.

KYeezy

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I recently purchased a pair of SLP 17.5 Distressed Denim Jeans
http://www.mrporter.com/product/374183

I got it in both a 30 and 31. I'm usually a 30' in Nudies thin finn washed denim which are 98% cotton, 2% elastate, So I never have to worry about the stretch and what not. However with these, they are 100% cotton, and I'm unsure how much they are going to stretch, and how long it will take for them to do so, after seeing so many posts about them not stretching much in the thigh etc.

The 30's are quite tight throughout the entire jean, I can get the top bottom on but it feels much better with it unbuttoned at the moment. The 31's feel and fit almost exactly how my 30" Nudies feels except my Nudies are already stretched out. I'm just afraid that if I stick with the 30's they won't stretch to fit like my Nudies, or if I stick with the 31's they will stretch too much.

Should I stick with the 30's or 31's?

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I got it in both a 30 and 31. I'm usually a 30' in Nudies thin finn washed denim which are 98% cotton, 2% elastate, So I never have to worry about the stretch and what not. However with these, they are 100% cotton, and I'm unsure how much they are going to stretch, and how long it will take for them to do so, after seeing so many posts about them not stretching much in the thigh etc.

The 30's are quite tight throughout the entire jean, I can get the top bottom on but it feels much better with it unbuttoned at the moment. The 31's feel and fit almost exactly how my 30" Nudies feels except my Nudies are already stretched out. I'm just afraid that if I stick with the 30's they won't stretch to fit like my Nudies, or if I stick with the 31's they will stretch too much.

I thought you only liked the $5000 leather pants?

KYeezy

Reaction score
I thought you only liked the $5000 leather pants?

Decided it was time for a change. Now that I'm a father, I gotta feed my family

Dynamics

Reaction score
I got my super destroyed ($750) SLP light blue denim in earlier this week. Not until after ordering them over the phone from an NY store and shipped to me that a friend said the super destroyeds ($750) are 14 cm, where the regular destroyed ($675) are 15.5.

I'm normally a 32, so I went with a 34. The waist is a size big, thighs are fine BUT the legs are way too skin tight. Mind you they would stretch, I can't wear these with certain sneakers and boots. And I'd have to sag my pants for these to work in the first place. Now its either to sell them online, see what the return policy is, or sit on them.

KYeezy

Reaction score
I got my super destroyed ($750) SLP light blue denim in earlier this week. Not until after ordering them over the phone from an NY store and shipped to me that a friend said the super destroyeds ($750) are 14 cm, where the regular destroyed ($675) are 15.5.

I'm normally a 32, so I went with a 34. The waist is a size big, thighs are fine BUT the legs are way too skin tight. Mind you they would stretch, I can't wear these with certain sneakers and boots. And I'd have to sag my pants for these to work in the first place. Now its either to sell them online, see what the return policy is, or sit on them.

I had the same issue, I ended up returning them. I'm still sitting on a pair of 34's. I found that for 15.5 I need a size 33 waist for them to fit on my waist, but the thighs and legs are real tight.

Dynamics

Reaction score
Only reason I did super destroyeds was because the regular destroyeds (what I wanted) was sold out in my size (33-34). If I had known in advance the super destroyeds were 14 cm I would've never bought them, instead, got the 32 regular destroyeds this store was sitting on and somehow stretch the waist out. I can do 15.5's, 14s I can't.

KYeezy

Reaction score
Only reason I did super destroyeds was because the regular destroyeds (what I wanted) was sold out in my size (33-34). If I had known in advance the super destroyeds were 14 cm I would've never bought them, instead, got the 32 regular destroyeds this store was sitting on and somehow stretch the waist out. I can do 15.5's, 14s I can't.

I would've kept the 33's but I was uncertain on how much they would stretch around the thighs and legs.
http://www.ssense.com/men/product/saint_laurent/blue_whiskered_and_distressed_jeans/78468

These were the ones I returned. Absolutely stunning in person, a lot more distressed.

KYeezy

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Anyone have any idea?

Dynamics

Reaction score
Ones I'm speaking about are these.

Reg destroyed and super destroyed.

5bbx1.jpg

x5w4ut.jpg

Last edited:

KYeezy

Reaction score
Ones I'm speaking about are these.

Reg destroyed and super destroyed.

5bbx1.jpg

x5w4ut.jpg

I had the opportunity to get the reg destroyed however I got it in the wrong size (32) at first thinking they would fit, but boy was I wrong. By the time I got the exchange to go through they were already soldout of the reg destroyed :(.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads