• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

s2000 better in white or silver?

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The tan that Honda uses on their S2000 interiors is absolutely dreadful.

TheFusilliJerry

Reaction score
silver with the red leather interior.
gal_lg13.jpg
gal_lg2.jpg

Corniche

Reaction score
I got for 5 years an 2002 silver with red seats. lowered for 4cms. I did with 30.000 km in one Summer
smile.gif

Impressive car!!! It looks even better than my Jag XKR cabrio and It looks more attention that my previous $$$ Maserati Spider.

People thinks it´s 120.000 euro car not a 44.000 one.

One of my best cars ever.

The silver with tan interior is very elegant too. Not the pimpy bow kinda white please!

Corniche

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg
Definitely white if you're talking about the lighter silver; if the darker silver....still white, but by a slim margin.

I miss my S2000. Can't wait to get another.

Did you smash it?
eh.gif

AP1 ( first models to 2002,, drives and looks far better than girly posterior ones)

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Corniche
Did you smash it?
eh.gif

AP1 ( first models to 2002,, drives and looks far better than girly posterior ones)

Nah....was commuting 100+ miles a day and wanted something more practical. Should have stuck with it.

Mine was an '01; will probably look for an '02 or '03 for my next one.

Corniche

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg
Nah....was commuting 100+ miles a day and wanted something more practical. Should have stuck with it. Mine was an '01; will probably look for an '02 or '03 for my next one.
Ah ok, yes the S2000 is very bad just to drive you at work. The top is very bad and noisy,same as the exhaust. I never drive it while raining, and it rains very few where I live. I can´t figure it out driving it in northern US. Nice that you haven≠t any accident with it.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone post an owner review of the S2K? I'm thinking of downgrading from an '04 M.

Cavalier

Reaction score
White with red interior.

I have been thinking about selling my SI (my second car) and picking one up lately. I might just wait for a decent deal on an Elise though.

whymakemedothis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bawlin
Can someone post an owner review of the S2K? I'm thinking of downgrading from an '04 M.

at 5'10.5 the car was MADE for me. i have a few inches of seat track if i want to stretch out, and room for a little bit of recline. seats grab well, but not ultra-aggressive like recaros, and comfortable for long drives. steering wheel is fixed (no telescope/tilt) but its positioned, for me, absolutely perfect. better yet is the steering sized -- makes my saab feel like a school bus.

feels planted in corners, communicates very well when its 9/10 but i havent tried to explore 9.5+ often yet (goodyear f1 gs-d3 tires). shifting is absolutely sublime. though a counter-sunk aftermarket knob is good because it allows grabs with forearm on armrest. pedals well positioned for heel-toe. engine LOVES living at 4k-5k and CRAVES for 8k. ac and stereo controls are literally finger-tip away from your hands at the 10-2 position.

best way to sum it up is the car feels like a compact machine wrapped around the driver.

i get 25mph lifetime. surprisingly, the trunk will swallow 2-3 weeks of groceries EASILY

motor sounds awesome when driven in the cold.

cons:
loud. obviously. though i would like more engine noise
rattles. most often from the top latch and the rear tray (below top when it folds down)
wide tires means scary in heavy rain. (actually the goodyears grip extremely well wet, but has hydroplane tendency due to width)
insurance is high. really high
stock stereo system terrible
rear visibility poor with top up

for a while i entertained trading it in for a "practical" car like cadillac cts-v... then i bought saab 4dr hatch as the utility car, and the contrast from driving the saab to the s2k made me love it even more. the devil couldnt take the keys from my hands
devil.gif

Corniche

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whymakemedothis
at 5'10.5 the car was MADE for me. i have a few inches of seat track if i want to stretch out, and room for a little bit of recline. seats grab well, but not ultra-aggressive like recaros, and comfortable for long drives. steering wheel is fixed (no telescope/tilt) but its positioned, for me, absolutely perfect. better yet is the steering sized -- makes my saab feel like a school bus. feels planted in corners, communicates very well when its 9/10 but i havent tried to explore 9.5+ often yet (goodyear f1 gs-d3 tires). shifting is absolutely sublime. though a counter-sunk aftermarket knob is good because it allows grabs with forearm on armrest. pedals well positioned for heel-toe. engine LOVES living at 4k-5k and CRAVES for 8k. ac and stereo controls are literally finger-tip away from your hands at the 10-2 position. best way to sum it up is the car feels like a compact machine wrapped around the driver. i get 25mph lifetime. surprisingly, the trunk will swallow 2-3 weeks of groceries EASILY motor sounds awesome when driven in the cold. cons: loud. obviously. though i would like more engine noise rattles. most often from the top latch and the rear tray (below top when it folds down) wide tires means scary in heavy rain. (actually the goodyears grip extremely well wet, but has hydroplane tendency due to width) insurance is high. really high stock stereo system terrible rear visibility poor with top up for a while i entertained trading it in for a "practical" car like cadillac cts-v... then i bought saab 4dr hatch as the utility car, and the contrast from driving the saab to the s2k made me love it even more. the devil couldnt take the keys from my hands
devil.gif

I live in Spain, as you know we are used to drive very fast +250 km/h sometimes. And this is the only car I don´t dare to drive it a more than 225 km/h. du to the fact it´s so hard that it " jumps ". I lowered mine due to it drifted too much when you push it 1 , 2, and 3 gear and now if drives as a front drive one. No worries when the road is old but be carefull when wet. Impressive sound, very elegant seats, very low gas consume for a 240 hp car. I drive it most of the time in 6 th gear from low rev, as an automatic car due to the very nice electronic sweet injection system. Very nice F1 drive position, perhaps the BEST manual shift ever. Top notch brakes, ala par with Porsche. accurate wheel. etc. One of the most perfect car designed. Even looks as a 120.000 car. Contras, 1 litre of oil every 1000 km ( my Lancia delta hf integrale ,same) Noisy to drive you at work when not looking for driving fun. The top has the worst quality possible. The engine is hard as a rock. Not recommended to mounth bad tires. I use Bridgestone potenza $$. I never use it for trips longer than 100 km. It forces your body a lot. A lot of people has tuned it in the states making it as a bad baoy car,. luckily only 100 were sold in Spain, so very exotic.
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
The clunch is very bad if you practice the green light game. I don´t so I still got the first clunch on 100.000 km. Mine is too low that I had to rent a garage with elevator, unable to drive on an usual garaje.
frown.gif
Better car than a Boxster, SLK 320, Audi shiTT. Driving similiar to a " mini " ferrari. Sound with home made pipes similar to 360 modena. Feel free to ask me.. sorry about my english

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads