• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

s2000 better in white or silver?

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
What year is the BWM, 1983? That makes no sense to me.

E46 330i ZHP. I just don't find it anywhere near as fun to drive. Everything is too soft.

Sherlockian

Reaction score
Every other car on the road these days is silver. Go white, with red or black interior.

The S2k sidesteps any meaningful accusation of being girly with that superb engine. Even now, a decade on, nobody is touching that 120 bhp-per-litre from a naturally aspirated piston motor in stock form.

greg_atlanta

Reaction score
Silver, or a darker charcoal grey. White doesn't work well for sports cars in most cases, esp if it has a tan roof (yuck).

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FAIK the S2000 only comes in white with the tan interior. Soft top is black from the factory for all models (except the CR which replaces it with a hard top), though other colors are available aftermarket.

BTW, if you wake up one day, walk outside, and see footprints heading up the back of your S2000, a teenager sized hole in the soft top, and footprints down the windshield and front of your car, be aware that it is worth it to pay for a professional to replace the top rather than do it yourself.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg
BTW, if you wake up one day, walk outside, and see footprints heading up the back of your S2000, a teenager sized hole in the soft top, and footprints down the windshield and front of your car, be aware that it is worth it to pay for a professional to replace the top rather than do it yourself.
laugh.gif
confused.gif
lol8[1].gif
frown.gif
They're discontinuing production this year aren't they? I'd go with white but all my car's are/have been white so I'm biased.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
laugh.gif
confused.gif
lol8[1].gif
frown.gif

I'd go with white but all my car's are/have been white so I'm biased.

I tend to stick to one color also. All mine are currently silver, but I have had other colors in the past including a white car.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
laugh.gif
confused.gif
lol8[1].gif
frown.gif

They're discontinuing production this year aren't they?

I'd go with white but all my car's are/have been white so I'm biased.

I think so. There're rumors every year but last I heard they were really doing it this year.

Here's an extremely crappy cell pic of what it looks like when you've pulled the entire interior and removed the top. Thought I have a pic of all the removed parts piled up on the floor but can't find it.

Sorry for the angle; front windshield on the left:
s2000_top.jpg

spencers

Reaction score
I saw a white AP3 sitting next to a silver AP1 yesterday. I don't like the newer S2000 design cues (looks more girly) as much as the older, but I liked the white color more than the silver.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sherlockian
Even now, a decade on, nobody is touching that 120 bhp-per-litre from a naturally aspirated piston motor in stock form.

There are some cars that exceed that now, but they are relatively exotic: Caparo T1 and Ferrari F458. The new 911 GT3 RS gets around 118. Motorbikes routinely exceed that number.

The S2000's specific output is made only at the top of its impressively high RPM range, like the motorbikes. All else being equal, horsepower is proportional to revs, and I'm not sure how livable many people would find that design choice as Honda realized when they enlarged the 2nd gen S2000's engine and lowered its redline to get more midrange torque. Give me 100 bhp/L in the lower to middle of the rev range, and I'll be impressed.

--Andre

turboman808

Reaction score
S2000 only looks good in silver.

Silver with red interior is the bomb.

whymakemedothis

Reaction score
My blue S2000 is 100x the drivers car my cousins E46 330Ci is that said, i would trade my blue s2000 for a white one
biggrin.gif

bcate3

Reaction score
I like silver, but white is the classic racing color for Japan. Replacing the stock Honda badge with a red one would look cool too. Honda used to come up with special editions of outgoing models in the white exterior/red badge combination. I’d like to see them do it for the S2K.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Hire a private detective to make sure it has a clean background.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads