• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Never the easiest sell, the trench coat in the height of summer. But we're quietly restocking these, and took the chance to photograph one being worn.

trench-coat-weatherproof-ripstop-sand-worn-6s@2x.jpg
trench-coat-weatherproof-ripstop-sand-worn-5s@2x.jpg
trench-coat-weatherproof-ripstop-sand-worn-4s@2x.jpg
trench-coat-weatherproof-ripstop-sand-worn-1s@2x.jpg
trench-coat-weatherproof-ripstop-sand-worn-2s@2x.jpg

We've been told the cloth might be unavailable for at least 12 months, because certain western militaries are hogging the worldwide supply of Kevlar.

Honestly, priorities ...

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The peacoat! The return of!

peacoat-heavy-melton-wool-dark-navy-1@2x.jpg
peacoat-heavy-melton-wool-dark-navy-4@2x.jpg
peacoat-heavy-melton-wool-dark-navy-2s@2x.jpg
peacoat-heavy-melton-wool-dark-navy-5s@2x.jpg
peacoat-heavy-melton-wool-dark-navy-3@2x.jpg

We've made some more in dark navy, in light of the um, ... upcoming cold snap that, uh ... everyone's been talking about.

The cloth this year is slightly thicker, so the collar stays upright more than ever before, though it is the same grade and quality as previous years (dense, brushed military melton) from West Yorkshire.

DanielPicktonAllen

Reaction score
What other coats are you making this year? I think you have said before but I can’t find it.
Am I right in remembering the tielocken would be returning. If so are you able to share in what colour and at what (ballpark) price. Want to decide whether to wait for that or get the latest peacoat.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What other coats are you making this year? I think you have said before but I can’t find it.
Am I right in remembering the tielocken would be returning. If so are you able to share in what colour and at what (ballpark) price. Want to decide whether to wait for that or get the latest peacoat.

We have quite a few coats upcoming.

We have made the tielocken in a hairy wool melton from West Yorkshire in rust brown (the same cloth as and a handful in large sizes in airforce blue and charcoal. I don't know the price yet but probably slightly more than the peacoat.

We're also making the greatcoat (the one in the photograph linked in the paragraph above) in heavy melton in dark navy (the same cloth as the new peacoat (sorry for all the brackets)). Then there's the duffle coat in Herdwick tweed, the balmacaan in two colours of Donegal tweed, the field coat in sail-cloth in dark navy and rust brown (the former on the website as of last week) and the car coat in weatherproof ripstop.

And, not quite coats but not far off — we will hopefully have a hunting jacket, fishing jacket, and the return of the trucker jacket all out before the end of the year, too.

IrIr

Reaction score
Paul do you have any other photos of the greatcoat? I'm intrigued.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Paul do you have any other photos of the greatcoat? I'm intrigued.

Nothing more recent, sadly — but a few from earlier in development which show a few other details.

greatcoat-toile-fourth-2s@2x 2.jpg
greatcoat-toile-fourth-1s@2x 2.jpg
greatcoat-toile-fourth-3s@2x 2.jpg

And the most recent photographs, which highlight in particular the saddle shoulder construction (like raglan but more structured lines).

greatcoat-shetland-melton-hanging-2s@2x.jpg
greatcoat-shetland-melton-hanging-1s@2x.jpg

Since this was made, we've made minor tweaks to the collar and pockets and button arrangement, but it'll be 98% the same as this when we make it in the autumn.

shunese

Reaction score
Or what colors are the hunting and fishing jacket slated to debut in?

DanielPicktonAllen

Reaction score
The Green/khaki peacoat seems to have sold out fast, at least in my size. Which for the peacoat is a L, though I’m a M in some other things. If you ever find yourself with an L let me know please.
When you say large sizes for the other coloured Tielockens how large do you mean? I like that brown (and kinda hoped you’d make the greatcoat out of it) but since I have a brown balmacaan, a charcoal tielocken sounds perfect to me. So long as it’s not too expensive of course, it’s quite a big coat. I am happy with my camel/light brown coloured duffle (how I found your website a couple years ago, while looking for the best duffle coat in the world, I definitely found it).
I don’t really understand what a hunting jacket or a fishing jacket are yet. I don’t do any hunting or fishing so I have no idea! Thanks for your help, as always your customer service is the ne plus ultra.
We have quite a few coats upcoming.

We have made the tielocken in a hairy wool melton from West Yorkshire in rust brown (the same cloth as and a handful in large sizes in airforce blue and charcoal. I don't know the price yet but probably slightly more than the peacoat.

We're also making the greatcoat (the one in the photograph linked in the paragraph above) in heavy melton in dark navy (the same cloth as the new peacoat (sorry for all the brackets)). Then there's the duffle coat in Herdwick tweed, the balmacaan in two colours of Donegal tweed, the field coat in sail-cloth in dark navy and rust brown (the former on the website as of last week) and the car coat in weatherproof ripstop.

And, not quite coats but not far off — we will hopefully have a hunting jacket, fishing jacket, and the return of the trucker jacket all out before the end of the year, too.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The Green/khaki peacoat seems to have sold out fast, at least in my size. Which for the peacoat is a L, though I’m a M in some other things. If you ever find yourself with an L let me know please.

Absolutely. Will do.

When you say large sizes for the other coloured Tielockens how large do you mean?

From memory, we made L and XL in the charcoal and the airforce blue.

I don’t really understand what a hunting jacket or a fishing jacket are yet.

A hunting jacket is mid-length workwear jacket that has lots of pockets front, back, and inside. Ours will be somewhere between the donkey jacket and field jacket in general theme and size and shape, but with lots of original features and style of construction.

A fishing jacket is a multi-pocketed jacket, usually on the shorter side, usually with a hood, and designed to keep out rain and water. That's how ours will be. One of the first jackets we made was the "seam jacket" with which this will share the general look, although we've beefed it up, and it now has large bellows pockets running the entire span of the body.

Last edited:

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Or what colors are the hunting and fishing jacket slated to debut in?

The hunting jacket will likely combine cotton sail-cloth (for the top part) and heavy melton (for the lower part and sleeve). Most likely it will be two of dark navy, black, reddish brown, or dark green. The dark green is being sampled now so will hopefully be good enough to show when we next share photographs.

The fishing jacket — not sure! A showerproof cloth, either cotton or aramid ripstop. It's a few steps behind the hunting jacket in development process.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads