• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Running or Bodybuilding?

youngScholar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Asch
The correct path to fitness.

legpressoldschooljackla.jpg

+1 for the old school.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

iris

Reaction score
What does it mean to lose water weight? How do you do it? I especially need a same afterlook as cez with his face to "dry it out".
Water weight is more or less temporary and it fluctuates as you lose about a pint of water from simply going through the day (without exercise) and you gain water from the water and fluids you drink throughout the day. Cutting water weight can be useful if you want to substantially cut weight in a very short amount of time but it isn't healthy.

My experience with cutting water weight has been exclusively due to college lightweight crew. The max weight for any oarsman was 160 lbs, and the boat average had to be 155 lbs. So the typical method for our team was running/rowing/biking while wearing as many layers as possible during the hour or so before weigh-in. Consequently, you'll be sweating out a storm and losing a lot of water weight.

I know other sports such as wrestling have similar weigh-ins but in my experiences, manipulating water weight to a significant extent only occurs (or needs to occur) in the context of "making weight." And as soon as the target weight as met, the athletes typically gorge themselves with food and recovery drinks like gatorade.

cez

Reaction score
Originally Posted by krillin
you look healthier in the first picture. did you try to lose water weight to get ripped? it kinda dried your face out too.
lol, at try. I obviously lost water weight. Ever heard of hydrolysis?
ATP hydrolysis is the reaction by which chemical energy that has been stored and transported in the high-energy phosphoanhydridic bonds in ATP (Adenosine triphosphate) is released, for example in the muscles, to produce work. The product is ADP (Adenosine diphosphate) and an inorganic phosphate, orthophosphate (Pi). ADP can be further hydrolyzed to give energy, AMP (Adenosine monophosphate), and another orthophosphate (Pi). ATP hydrolysis is the final link between the energy derived from food or sunlight and useful work such as muscle contraction, the establishment of ion gradients across membranes, and biosynthetic processes necessary to maintain life.
Running 4-8 miles 5-6 times a week other wise known as cardio = losing water weight+ burning fat Weight training 3 times a week = building muscle combine the two and you get:
4695072999_6451f05f2a_b.jpg
taken today.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads