• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ruined Versace Suit...replacement pants?

Jmm003

Reaction score
I have snooped around the forum for some time now, but this is my first post...so please be gentle.

About six months ago I purchased a blue Versace suit from Gilt that I personally love (insert derogatory comment here).

Unfortunately, about a month ago I absolutely ruined the pants. When I got up quickly from a wooden chair, a protruding nail caught the pants and tore a 18-24inch gap.

I took the pants to a tailor I trust, but he told me they are impossible to mend: the cloth cannot be re-woven, and the tear is too from the seam to remove all-together.

The jacket is a 2 button, mid/navy blue, peak lapel with a ticket pocket (admittedly fashion-forward). Suffice it to say that the common suggestion of "wear it as a blazer" will not work here.

Does anyone have advice on how I can obtain a replacement pair of pants?

After reading the previous posts, I attempted to track down the fabric with Versace directly. The NYC Versace boutique said they normally keep ends of fabric for current retail suits. However, my suit was sold last fall (2011), so the fabric is not in stock in the store.

Are there any further suggestions regarding how I could obtain the fabric? or a replacement pair of pants? The jacket is a 48s [38s]. I presume the suit was a drop 7, making the waist of the pants a 31.

Attached are photos of the tags on both the jacket (1st) and pants (2nd). Note: my thumb is covering the letter "V" in the second photo.

The entire suit can be seen online here:

http://suitored.com/suits/versace-collection-peaked-lapel-button-navy-blue-suit/

Thank you.

Torrente

Reaction score
Don't consider this info as set in stone, but quite possibly the suit is made by one of these companies.

www.varteks.hr or www.rio-rijeka.hr

Why don't your try sending them an e-mail with photos and asking if they could provide you with the fabric reference number, or better yet (long shot), replacement pants (monetary remuneration implied of course)

Last edited:

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why bump it? No one had anything to offer. Just burn them and put it down to bad luck, the chance of obtaining match is remote in the extreme. Even if someone does a so-called 'invisible repair' it is never actually that and the fact is plainly visible to all.

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Why bump it? No one had anything to offer. Just burn them and put it down to bad luck, the chance of obtaining match is remote in the extreme. Even if someone does a so-called 'invisible repair' it is never actually that and the fact is plainly visible to all.
x1000
Just wear the coat as an odd jacket and move on. No biggie.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads